Chapter 13

JJ had barely parked the Twinkie before he exited the vehicle. He had only one thought on his mind and that was if Kie and the baby were okay. They had to be okay right? they had just gotten back from the doctors and everything was okay with them both.

He pushed the doors open to the floor Kie was on. He saw Sarah sitting in the waiting room with two kids one was sleeping in her lap while the other was playing on an iPad "where is she? What's happening?" he asked frantically.

"We were making dinner together for my boys and she just started bleeding down her leg... I rushed her here immediately I don't know what's going on the nurses won't tell me since I'm not family" Sarah said. JJ ran a hand through his dirty blonde hair before making his way up to the nurse's desk "I need an update on Kiara Carrera" he asked.

"And who are you in relation to the patient?" the nurse asked.

"She's pregnant with my baby I need an update" he slammed his hand on the table causing the nurse to jump a bit "Okay I need you to calm down before I have to call security and get you escorted out of this hospital." JJ sighed and closed his eyes "I just... I need to know if everything is okay and you have to tell me since it's my baby she's carrying."

"I don't know If I legally can- I have to check our hospital policies on that."

"Just fucking tell-"

"JJ."

He stopped when he heard Kiara's voice he stopped talking and turned toward her. She was being wheeled out in a wheelchair by a nurse "Oh thank god" he said and quickly walked over to hug her. They didn't really hug or touch like this ever but Kiara hugged him back "We're both okay" she said and rubbed the blonde back.

"What the hell happened?"

"The doctor said everything was fine with the baby... that it must've just been a hormone change that made me start bleeding."

"Are you sure? maybe we should get a second opinion just in case-"

"JJ they ran like 20 tests I know everything is fine okay?" she squeezed his hand. JJ just nodded and leaned in to hug her again. Sarah walked up to the two with her son in her arms "Kie thank god is everything okay?"

"Yeah everything's okay I'm just tired and want to go home" she nodded.

"I can bring you home," JJ said pulling away from the hug. Kie shook her head "JJ you don't have to do that, plus you have work tomorrow you should probably go get some sleep."

"I'll be fine, I'm going to take you home," he said leaving no room for debate. He circled around her and traded spots with the nurse. JJ pushed Kiara out of the hospital and toward the Twinkie "You're taking me home in that old thing?" she said once he parked the wheelchair by the car. He nodded "I'll have you know this van is the safest vehicle and is a smooth ride" he held out his hand to help her up and into the car. 

-

When they got to Sarah's house they pulled into the back driveway where the guest house was "Thanks for the ride JayJ" Kie said grabbing her bag and opening the door "Maybe I should stay the night with you" he said suddenly and Kie stopped her movement.

"JJ I'll be fine you really don't have to be so worried."

"I can't help but be so maybe I should stay."

Kie sat there and stared at him before signing "If it will make you feel better to stay the night then I don't mind but JJ you really don't need to it was just a hormonal change she's fine and so am I."

"I'm going to stay" he got out of the car and quickly circled to her side and helped her out of the car even though she was more than capable of doing it herself.

JJ insisted on holding her arm and walking her into the guest house. Kie honestly didn't see the need but JJ still looked worried so she let him be. When they got into the her house Kiara made her way to the bathroom where she brushed her teeth and changed into some more comfortable clothing.

When she walked out to her bed she stopped.

"Oh hell no," she said once she saw JJ laying in her bed. The man looked up at her "What?"

"You are not sleeping in my bed," she said sitting in it. JJ frowned "Why not?"

"Because no."

"You tried to bang me on it last week but you won't let me sleep on it that's just-"

"Fine fine you can sleep here but don't steal my cover or kick me in your sleep," she said pulling the covers over her body. JJ also got under the covers "You're carrying precious cargo no way I'd kick you, even in my sleep" he said putting a hand on her growing stomach. Kiara felt their daughter kick against where JJ was touching.

"Goodnight," the brunette said turning on her side and closing her eyes.

-

When Kiara woke up she felt JJ pressed against her back. He has his arm wrapped around her stomach while his head was laid on a pillow next to hers.

She felt someone staring at her and looked over to see Sarah standing over the bed with a smirk on he face "Don't" Kiara shook her head and gave the woman a look. Sarah raised her arms in surrender "I didn't say anything" she smiled. Kie rubbed her eye "he was all worried last night so I let him stay."

Sarah just nodded "I figured, I was just coming in here to check on you and tell you I made breakfast."

Kie nodded "I'll be there in a minute" she said and Sarah made her way out of the guest house.

Kiara pried herself out of JJ's arms and shook the boy until he was conscious "What? What's going on" he looked around "At you okay?"

"Yeah I'm okay, Sarah made breakfast if you want to join me," Kiara said getting out of bed and stretching her arms Her shirt riding up in the process. JJ nodded and got out of bed "Yeah sure" he yawned.

The two made their way into Sarah's house where they saw the table filled with different breakfast foods and fruits "Smells good I'm starving" JJ said helping himself. Kiara made herself a plate that consisted of various fruits and eggs.

"Aunt Kie mommy cut strawberries your favorite! but I helped her cut them" James said from his spot at the table.

"Thanks, buddy" Kie smiled at the boy and took a seat.