Chapter 5

The Weight of Words 

Context: Sad Izuku Midoriya x Katsuki Bakugou Oneshot

*******

Izuku Midoriya stood in front of the dorms, his heart pounding in his chest as he tried to work up the courage to knock on Katsuki Bakugou's door. He had something important to say, something that had been weighing on him for weeks, but he didn't know how to start.

He took a deep breath and raised his hand to knock, but before he could, the door swung open. Bakugou stood there, scowling at him. "What the hell do you want, Deku?" he spat.

Midoriya flinched at the use of his old nickname. He had hoped that they had moved past that, that they had become something more than just rivals. But as he looked at Bakugou's angry face, he felt a cold weight settle in his chest.

"I need to talk to you," he said, his voice barely above a whisper.

Bakugou rolled his eyes. "What could you possibly have to say that's worth my time?"

"It's about us," Midoriya said, taking a step closer. "About how we've been treating each other."

Bakugou scoffed. "We're rivals, Deku. That's how it's supposed to be."

"But it doesn't have to be like this," Midoriya said, his voice growing stronger. "We don't have to be enemies. We could be friends, allies, even something more."

Bakugou's eyes widened, and for a moment, Midoriya thought he saw a glimmer of hope. But then the scowl returned, and Bakugou snarled. "You're delusional, Deku. We'll never be anything more than what we are now. Enemies."

Midoriya felt his heart break. He had hoped that Bakugou would see the truth, that he would realize that there was more to their relationship than just rivalry. But now he knew that he had been foolish to hope.

He turned to leave, feeling the weight of Bakugou's words settle on his shoulders like a burden. He had wanted to be something more, to have a connection with Bakugou that went beyond their shared past. But now he knew that it was impossible, that he was doomed to forever be alone.

As he walked away, he felt tears prick at his eyes. He had never felt so alone, so helpless, so empty. He had put everything he had into trying to bridge the gap between them, to make Bakugou see that they could be more than just rivals. But now he knew that it was all for nothing.

He walked back to his own room, feeling like he had lost something precious. He lay down on his bed, staring up at the ceiling, and tried to push the ache in his chest away. But no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't shake the feeling that he had lost something important, something that he could never get back.

And so, Midoriya lay there, alone with his thoughts, and wondered if there would ever be a way to bridge the gap between them. He had tried everything he could think of, but Bakugou seemed determined to keep him at arm's length.

The weight of his words, the weight of his rejection, settled on Midoriya's shoulders like a lead weight. He knew that he couldn't keep going like this, couldn't keep pretending that everything was okay. But he didn't know what else to do. All he could do was lay there, alone and empty, and wonder if there was anything left worth fighting for.

Note: Whoahh!!!! Three chapters at once in a DAY??!!! Can't believe myself!! Anyway, I hope y'alll enjoyed this chapter! 'Till then, bye for now!!~