Chapter 22

Nightmares and Tea

Shindeku Fluff

Note: Hi, people. I'm back. i coudlnt psot for a while as i had exams for two weeks. I felt like posting one today even though i was falling sleep while typing this story today. (I haven't wrote out any new stories out yet that I post righ away, so i have to make new stories before i post). the spelling mistke here, i'm not eben gonna try to fix as im tooo lazy and my g=fingers are to lazy. During my exam week, i havent had best sleeps and kept having a headaches in a row, but still I did my best to not have any miskates in the stories. Enjoy... 

Izuku jolted up from his nightmare. His heart was pounding and his body was covered in sweat and was slightly trembling. Izuku gasped for breath while disoriented by the lingering fear. The sudden movement stirred Hitoshi from his slumber in the adjacent bed. Hitoshi saw Izuku in a state of panic and quickly sat up. Concern filled his sleepy face.

He slowly reached out his arms and gently grabbed Izuku and turned him to his side. Hitoshi called out to Izuku. Seeing Izuku gasping for breath, Hitoshi gently told Izuku that he was safe and it was only a nightmare. Slowly, Izuku's breath slowed down and his eyes met up with Hitoshi's. Even though he could still fill the grip of fear lingering within him and memories of his terrifying dream replaying in his mind, the presence and sound of Hitoshi's voice provided a much-needed anchor in the present moment.

Breathing heavily, Izuku managed to nod weakly, his voice trembling as he spoke. "Yeah, yeah... just a nightmare. It felt so real, though."

Hitoshi reached out a comforting hand, placed one hand on Izuku's hand, gently rubbed it with his thumb. With his other arm, he wrapped around Izuku's shoulder and with his thumb he gently rubbed his shoulder. "I know how that feels. Nightmares can be overwhelming sometimes, but remember, you're not alone. I'm here with you." Hitoshi whispered quietly to Izuku and pecked his forehead.

Feeling the warmth of Hitoshi's touch and hearing his reassuring words, Izuku gradually began to calm down. He took a few deep breaths, focusing on grounding himself in the reality of the room they shared. The darkness started to recede, replaced by a sense of safety in the presence of his boyfriend.

"Thank you, Toshi," Izuku whispered, his voice steadier now. "I'm sorry I woke you up."

Hitoshi offered a small, understanding smile. "Don't worry about it. We look out for each other, right Izu?"

Izuku nodded, a flicker of gratitude in his eyes. "Yeah, you're right. I'm lucky to have you."

They sat there in the quiet of the room, Hitoshi's hand still resting on Izuku's shoulder, their silent support speaking volumes. As the minutes passed, the remnants of the nightmare faded further, replaced by a sense of solace and companionship. Eventually, Izuku felt his body relaxing, the tension ebbing away.

"Feeling better?" Hitoshi asked gently.

Izuku managed a small smile, his voice no longer trembling. "Yeah, much better now. Thanks to you."

Hitoshi gave a nod of understanding, slowly retracting his hand. "Anytime, Izu. Remember, we're in this together."

Even though Izuku felt safe, he still couldn't go to sleep as he was scared he would fall back into his nightmares.

"I...can't sleep. Not that I don't want to, but um-I'm scared. I'm scared that I...I would...fall back into...nightmare. Like you know, the feelings."

"Hmm yea, I know. I know what you mean, baby. Do you want to drink? Maybe it could help."

"Okay, if it helps."

"Do you want to come with me or do ya wanna stay?"

Izuku wanted to stay in the room alone but because of his nightmare he experienced, he decided to go with Hitoshi to the kitchen. "I'll...go with you."

Before they left the room, Hitoshi took something from his drawer.

As Izuku sat at the chairs at the counter, Hitoshi boiled water. He got two one mid sized cups out. He poured hot water in the middle of the cup. He took the thing out of his pocket and opened it. It was a teabag. He left the bag in the water for 2-3 minutes before he rinsed out the tea.

He brought the hot tea to Izuku. He poured some room temperature water into the tea as it was too hot. Hitoshi got himself a cup of chamomile tea and sat beside Izuku.

"What's this? Is it something with apples? It smells like apples. Oh, is there like apple tea? Also which one is mine? Is it this apple one?"

At Izuku's questions, Hitoshi couldn't help but chuckle at Izuku's words and blush slightly. "This apple-smelling tea is called Chamomile tea and it's for me. Yours is here," Hitoshi brought up a light brown coloured tea to Izuku. "It's a Lavender tea. It'll help you and your body to relax. I don't know if you have realized, but you've tensed up since you tried to go back to sleep. If you liked the Chamomile tea, you could try some. I won't mind." Izuku thanked Hitoshi.

The Lavender tea was nice. Izuu felt like he was a little more relaxed than he was before. Hitoshi also sipped his tea. Then he noticed Izuku glancing at his tea.

"Izu, you can drink some if you want to. I told you I wouldn't mind at all."

"Hmm? Oh no, I-I'm sorry. I wasn't-I wasn't-I did not want to make you feel that way. I'm good with mine. It's really tasty." Izuku stammered at Hitoshi's words. But Hitoshi didn't really listen to Izuku's denial. He placed his tea in front of Izuku, while Izuku tried to find an excuse to cover up. Hitoshi slowly went his hand through the green bush of Izuku's puffy hair and pecked close to Izuku's eye.

"It's fine Izu. Also Chamomile tea and Lavender tea are good combinations." Hitoshi offered.

With that, Izuku took sips of Chamomile tea. It was nice. Izuku still had some left, and it was getting too early in the morning as it was already 3:15am, Hitoshi told Izuku that he did not have to finish the tea but head back to bed.

Izuku still didn't feel like sleeping. So Hitoshi pulled him down on his chest. He ran his finger through Izuku's hair. A few minutes later, Izuku started to feel sleepy. Izuku did his best to stay up but with the teas taking affect and getting Cafuné from his boyfriend, gave him no standup against his heavy eyelids.

Hearing Izuku's breathing shallower, Hitoshi figured the teas had taken effect on Izuku and it slowly came up to him too. He switched his position. Now, they were both lying on the bed, cuddling. Izuku's shallow breathing turned into a quiet snore. With this, Hitoshi felt relieved and also closed his eyes and fell into his dreamland. 

Note: 

Imma head to my sweet dreams and hope you have sweet dreams too. zzzzzzzz