Chapter 10: Imaginary World

Few days passed after Sana joined the hospital. She was learning everything very quickly. She was working hard all the day just to prove herself that she didn't need be like anyone else to become a good doctor. She was good in her way.

Agastya was observing everything and was impressed by her work from inside. But he never expressed it outside. He used to taunt her always and kept telling her that she needed to be more professional. This thing was really demotivating for Sana as she expected at least a little bit of appreciation from him. But she kept her hopes and did her work with full dedication.

One day Agastya and his team went to check some patients. Sana was also there and checking the blood pressures of the patients.

After sometime they attended an old man who was lying on the hospital bed. An old lady was sitting beside his bed. As soon as she saw the doctors coming, she stood up.

Agastya checked some reports and then said to the lady, "Kaal subah exactly 7 baje hum inki open heart surgery karenge."

The old lady sadly nodded in yes.

Agastya looked at the others and said, "Tomorrow 7 am we will do the surgery. I want everybody at the operation theatre on time."

Then he looked at Sana and said, "Specially you."

Sana nodded in yes.

Then they left.

"Bol toh aise raha hai jaise hum koi operation karne nahi jung ladne jaa rahe hai. Yeh insaan kya patients ka operation bhi gusse mein karta hai?" Sana said in her mind and made a face.

She was also leaving with others but suddenly stopped after hearing something. She turned behind and saw the old lady crying. She couldn't control herself and went to her.

She kept her hand on the lady's shoulder and asked, "Aunty kya hua? Aap ro kyu rahi hai?"

The lady looked at Sana with teary eyes and said, "Tumne suna na doctor ne kya kaha? Kaal subah inki surgery hai. Paata nahi kya hoga...."

The lady covered her face with the loose end of her saree and burst into tears.

"Aunty aap fikar mat ki jiye. Dekhna surgery ke baad Uncle bilkool thik ho jayenge."

Sana tried to console her.

The old lady wiped her tears and said, "Kaal inka janamdin bhi hai. Humara beta Mumbai mein rehta hai. Inke treatment ke liye hum kuch mahino se yaaha Bangalore mein reh rahe hai. Maine unke bete se kaha kam se kam inke janamdin par woh yaaha aaye sabko le ke. Itne dino baad apne Bete, Bahu, paute ko dekh kar inhe bhi thodi khushi milti. Lekin woh bohut busy hai isliye nahi aa sakta. Bhagwan na kare agar surgery ke dauran kaal ko inhe kuch hogaya toh zindagi bhar iss hi baat ka afsos rahega ki yeh apna akhri janamdin nahi maana paaye...."

The old lady again started crying. Sana's eyes also became teary.

"Uske liye aansu mat bahao." The old man said to his wife. "Humara Beta ab bada ho chuka hai. Ab woh chhota nahi raha jo har waqt apne Mummy Papa ke saath rehne ki zidd karega. Uske liye uski company ki deal apne Papa ke birthday se bohut zyada keemti hai."

The lady didn't stop crying. Sana felt extremely bad seeing her like this. What kind of son is he who can't be there with his parents when they need him the most?

Sana also wiped her tears and said finally, "Aunty aap yeh hi chahti hai na ki surgery se pehle Uncle apna birthday manaye? Woh zaroor maanayenge. Hum sab mil kar maanayenge unka birthday."

The old lady looked at Sana with hopeful eyes and asked, "Yeh mumkin hai?"

Sana smiled and nodded in yes.

Dil Na Janeya 2 (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें