#23

~ In the break ~

Jungwon sat at one of the tables in the school cafeteria, his hood and mask still on. He watched as students chatted and laughed with each other, feeling more and more isolated. Y/n had a student council meeting, and he didn't want to interrupt her or make her feel like she had to babysit him.

He picked at the food on his tray, not really feeling hungry. He just wanted to go back to the orphanage and be alone. But at the same time, he didn't want to be alone. He didn't know what to do.

Just as he was about to get up and leave, he heard a voice calling his name. He turned around to see Kyujin and Eunchae walking towards him, both smiling.

"Hey, Jungwon! Mind if we sit with you?" Kyujin asked, already pulling out a chair.

Jungwon hesitated for a moment, not sure if he wanted the attention, but he ultimately nodded his head. He appreciated the company, and he didn't want to be rude.

They sat down and started chatting with him, asking him about his hobbies and interests. Jungwon was hesitant at first, not used to opening up to people so easily, but they were friendly and kind.

Soon enough, Y/n came back from her meeting and saw them all sitting together. She smiled and walked over to join them, feeling happy to see Jungwon interacting with others.

The group talked and laughed for the rest of the break, with Jungwon feeling a little more comfortable in his surroundings.

Y/n sat down next to Jungwon, feeling relieved to see him sitting with her friends. "Hey guys," she greeted them with a smile.

Kyujin and Eunchae greeted her back while Jungwon kept his eyes down on his tray. Y/n noticed that he looked tense and worried. She leaned in closer to him and asked, "Is everything okay, Jungwon?"

He nodded slowly, still not looking up. "I'm fine," he murmured.

Y/n could sense that he was lying. She reached out and touched his arm gently, causing him to look up at her. "You can talk to me, Jungwon. You know that, right?"

Jungwon bit his lip and looked down again, his fingers fidgeting with his fork. "I don't know," he admitted softly. "I don't want to be a burden to anyone."

Y/n shook her head, smiling reassuringly. "You're not a burden. We all care about you, and we want to help you in any way we can."

Jungwon looked up at her again, his eyes shining with unshed tears. "Thank you," he whispered.

Y/n gave him a comforting smile and turned to Kyujin and Eunchae. "Guys, do you mind if I borrow Jungwon for a bit? I need to talk to him about something."

Kyujin and Eunchae exchanged a quick look before nodding. "Sure, no problem," Kyujin said. "We'll catch up with you later."

Y/n stood up and gestured for Jungwon to follow her. "Come on, let's take a walk," she said softly.

Jungwon nodded, and the two of them left the cafeteria and headed outside, where they could talk in peace.

~ With Y/n and Jungwon ~

Jungwon nodded and looked around the schoolyard, taking in the sights and sounds. "It's nice here," he said softly, still feeling a bit anxious but glad to be outside.

Y/n smiled. "Yeah, it is. I like coming here during breaks, especially when it's sunny like this."

They walked in silence for a moment before Jungwon spoke up again. "Y/n, can I ask you something?"

"Of course, what is it?"

"Do you ever get anxious?"

Y/n paused, considering her answer. "Yeah, I do. Sometimes I get nervous before a big presentation or when I'm meeting new people. It's normal to feel that way sometimes."