#25

~ On the next day ~

Y/n gently pulled away from Jungwon and got out of bed. She tiptoed out of the room, not wanting to wake him up, and made her way to the kitchen. She brewed some coffee and sat at the kitchen table, her mind still preoccupied with thoughts of Jungwon's nightmare.

After a few minutes, she heard footsteps approaching the kitchen. It was Jaehyun rubbing his sleepy eyes.

"Good morning, Y/n," he yawned.

"Good morning, Jaehyun," Y/n replied with a smile.

Jaehyun hopped onto the chair next to Y/n and asked, "Where's Jungwon?"

"He's still sleeping," Y/n replied softly.

Jaehyun nodded and sipped his milk. Y/n took a deep breath and asked, "Jaehyun, do you remember when we talked about how Jungwon sometimes gets sad?"

Jaehyun nodded again.

"Well, sometimes he has bad dreams, and they make him really scared and upset," Y/n explained gently.

Jaehyun's eyes widened, and he asked, "What kind of dreams?"

Y/n hesitated for a moment before saying, "It's about his family. He lost them when he was little, and it still makes him sad sometimes."

Jaehyun looked at Y/n with concern and said, "That's so sad. I wish I could make him feel better."

Y/n smiled and ruffled his hair. "You're already doing a great job, Jaehyun. Just being his friend and spending time with him means a lot."

As they finished their breakfast, Y/n made a mental note to talk to Jungwon about his nightmare and see if there was anything she could do to help him feel better.

Jungwon slowly opened his eyes as Y/n shook him gently. He was still feeling tired and groggy, but as he saw Y/n's concerned face, he knew that something was bothering her.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" he asked, his voice still hoarse from sleep.

"I wanted to talk to you about last night," Y/n said softly. "I heard you screaming and crying in your sleep. Do you want to tell me about your nightmare?"

Jungwon hesitated for a moment, but then he nodded slowly. "It was about my parents," he said in a low voice. "I saw them in my dream, but they were angry and blaming me for their accident. They said that it was all my fault and that I was responsible for their deaths."

Y/n's heart sank as she listened to Jungwon's words. She knew that he had been through a lot in his life, but hearing about his nightmare made her realize just how much pain he was carrying inside.

"Jungwon, you know that it wasn't your fault, right?" she said, putting her hand on his shoulder. "What happened to your parents wasn't something that you could have prevented or changed. You were just a child back then."

Jungwon looked at Y/n with tears in his eyes. "I know, but sometimes it's hard to believe that," he said. "I miss them so much, and I wish they were still here with me."

Y/n hugged Jungwon tightly, feeling his body shake with sobs. She didn't know how to make his pain go away, but she knew that she wanted to be there for him, to support him and comfort him in any way she could.

"I'm here for you, Jungwon," she whispered, stroking his hair. "I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

Y/n quickly wiped Jungwon's tears away and turned to face her little brother. "Jaehyun, Jungwon had a bad dream, and I'm just trying to comfort him," she explained gently.

Jaehyun's eyes widened in concern. "Is he okay now?" he asked, looking at Jungwon.

Jungwon nodded, still sniffling. "Yeah, Y/n helped me feel better," he said softly.