#26

~ 1 month later ~

A month had swiftly passed since that memorable day at the park where Y/n, Jungwon, and her family had enjoyed a picnic together. Time seemed to have woven its tapestry, casting subtle changes upon their lives. Jungwon, although still guarded, had loosened his emotional barriers, allowing fragments of his true self to seep through. His hoodies and masks, once a constant shield, were now reserved for public places only.

Y/n, on the other hand, found herself yearning for Jungwon's company more and more with each passing day. The moments they spent together had become the highlight of her existence, and she had come to a startling realization: she had fallen deeply in love with him. However, Y/n knew that expressing her feelings was not an option at this point. She understood that Jungwon wasn't quite ready yet, and she didn't want to rush him or push him away.

Despite her silent affection, Y/n cherished every opportunity to be by Jungwon's side. They would meet at their favorite café after school, exchanging stories, dreams, and aspirations. Y/n marveled at the way Jungwon's eyes would light up when he spoke about his love for music, and how his laughter could fill the air, casting away the shadows that had haunted him for so long.

Their friendship had bloomed into a beautiful bond, built on trust, understanding, and shared moments of vulnerability. Y/n had become Jungwon's pillar of support, standing tall beside him as he navigated the complexities of his past. Although she yearned to confess her love, she realized that her presence alone was a silent reassurance, a reminder that she would be there for him unconditionally.

In the midst of their growing closeness, Y/n became privy to glimpses of Jungwon's healing heart. She noticed the way he would allow his hand to brush against hers, his touch hesitant yet filled with an unspoken tenderness. It was in these small gestures that Y/n found solace, knowing that their connection ran deeper than mere friendship.

But there were moments when Y/n's heart would ache with the weight of unrequited love. She would catch herself stealing glances at Jungwon, hoping he would notice the way her gaze lingered, silently screaming the words her lips refused to utter. In these fleeting instances, doubts and insecurities would cloud her mind. What if she was just a friend to him, nothing more? What if her love was destined to remain unspoken?

Yet, amidst the uncertainty, Y/n remained resolute in her decision. She would continue to be Jungwon's anchor, supporting him as he mended the broken pieces of his soul. For now, their friendship was a sanctuary, a safe haven where they could both find solace.

~ Time skip ~

The school day had come to an end, and Y/n found herself stepping out of the bustling hallways, her mind still buzzing with thoughts and plans for the weekend. As she made her way towards the exit, she noticed a familiar figure ahead-Jungwon, walking with his usual air of quiet solitude.

Feeling a sudden burst of excitement, Y/n quickened her pace, calling out to her friends Kyujin and Eunchae, who were just a few steps behind her. With shared grins and exchanged glances, they too picked up their speed, closing the gap between them and Jungwon.

With a surge of energy, Y/n finally caught up to him, her heart pounding against her ribcage. In one swift motion, she reached out and threw her hands around his neck from behind, her fingers intertwining at the nape, their warmth radiating through the fabric of his hoodie.

"Gotcha!" Y/n exclaimed, her voice filled with playful delight.

Jungwon's initial surprise quickly melted into a gentle smile as he recognized Y/n's touch and voice. His body relaxed against her grasp, as if finding comfort in her presence. It was a fleeting moment, a simple act of closeness, yet it held a world of unspoken emotions between them.