Love Jones

~Damon and Simone go to a drive-in.~

"Finally," Simone exclaimed as she sat down on her twin bed. It had been a long day with classes, a team meeting and PKZ event planning. Nate was out so she laid back and enjoyed the calm quietness.

Just as she closed her eyes, there was a knock at the door. "Maybe if I ignore it, they'll go away," she whispered to herself. The knocks became louder. Rolling her eyes she yelled, "come in.

"Well well well, I finally caught you," Damon walked in, closed the door and sat down on her bed. Simone stared at him, "You say that like you don't have my number." Damon gave her look, "You know that's not the same, it feels like we haven't seen each other in a minute." Simone narrowed her eyes. "Has it really been that long?" Damon smiled at her, "it's been about two weeks but who's counting?"

Simone shocked, sat up and briefly closed her eyes. Damon sat back against the wall and lifted her feet onto his lap. Opening her eyes, Simone gave Damon a soft smile. "Wow I didn't realize it had been that long, things have been busy." Damon looked at her understandingly. "I get it, things have been crazy for me too."

They sat in silence for a few moments until Damon spoke. "We need to go out tonight...just the two of us." Raising her right eyebrow, Simone gave him a curious look. "You don't want to include the group?" Damon though about it briefly. "No, we need us time." Simone laughed softly. "You just want me all to yourself, Mr. Sims." Damon smirked at her. "Maybe I do." They stared at each other for a few moments as the energy in the room shifted.

Mouth feeling a bit dry, Simone removed her feet from Damon's lap to get her water bottle off her desk. "Where exactly are we going tonight?" Damon eyes followed Simone, noticing the swift change in her body language. He chuckled softly. "I'm taking you to a drive-in. I saw a poster in the student union and it's about a half-hour drive away. They're playing your favorite movie." Simone's eyes widened as she finished drinking her water. "Wait... not Love Jones?" Her eyes lit up as she looked at Damon. "What time do we need to leave?" Damon smiled widely at her while getting up. He walked towards her until they were a few inches apart. He stared down at her. "It starts at 9pm so we need to leave by 8pm. That gives you 4 hours to do everything you need to do right?" Staring up at him, Simone playfully rolled her eyes. "Here you go being dramatic, it does not take me that long to get ready sir."

Simone walked around Damon to grab her cell phone off of her bed. Walking over to her dresser she placed the phone on the charger, since it was down to 40%. She turned around to face Damon again. Already facing her, he slowly move backwards towards her door, never breaking eye contact. "I'm gonna go finish some things but I'll be back to get you at 8." Simone nodded her head and smiled softly at him. "Sounds like a plan."

Watching Damon leave, Simone felt butterflies in her stomach. She sat down on her bed and took a deep breath. She couldn't understand why she felt nervous. One of her best friends was taking her to see her favorite movie. She thought it was sweet that he wanted just the two of them to spend time together. Even though it was only two weeks, it did feel longer. She missed him. On that note, she decided to set her alarm clock and take a nap so she could be energized for tonight.

Later that evening

Simone was frantically moving around her room tossing clothes from her closet to her bed and back. She was trying to find the right outfit to wear. She was getting a bit frustrated because she couldn't figure out why she was making a big deal out of tonight. She finally settled on black thigh high boots, a black leather skirt and a white short-sleeved crop top. She already had her black leather jacket on the chair, just in case it was unexpectedly chilly.

Simone sat down at her desk to do her makeup. After applying her primer, she decided on a smokey-eye look. Next, she applied her eyeliner and mascara. Then she grabbed her brown lip liner, nude lipstick and shiny lip gloss to complete her look.