Three's A Crowd

~Takes place a month after the events of 1.13. Simone reaches a breaking point that leads to Damon confronting lies.~

I can't believe it's December 1st , time is flying, Simone thought. She honestly couldn't wait for the Fall semester to end. The last month had been ridiculous due to Thea's growing hostility. She was constantly criticizing her performance or provoking her. Simone realized that she was about one minor inconvenience from going off. She was walking through the quad so quickly, it was like she had tunnel vision. She didn't notice the other person walking towards her, which is exactly why they collided.

"Dammit," Simone exclaimed as she picked up her gym bag and rackets. "Freshman, you alright? You almost took me out!" Simone looked up to see JR watching her in concern. She sighed shaking her head. "Sorry my head is all over the place and I just need to relax." Taking in her uniform, JR put two and two together. Tilting his head, he looked at her questioningly, "You busy tonight?" It was Thursday but Simone's Friday class had already been canceled so technically she could hang. "No I'm free. What's going on?"

JR smiled, nodding his head. "Cool I'll pick you up at 9:30pm. KEK is having a party tonight." Simone raised her eyebrow. "I don't know if I'm in the mood for a party JR." JR gave her his famous grin. "Come on freshman, you said you need to relax. Also we haven't even had the chance to celebrate you getting top 6." Simone glance sideways, scoffing. "Hard to celebrate with all this damn drama." JR shrugged. "And? You can't let someone take away your joy in celebrating your achievements so kill all that noise." Simone smirked. "Alright, you got a point. I'll see you at 9:30pm." JR gave her a quick hug and they said their goodbyes.

Later - Simone's room

It was 9:15pm and Simone couldn't find her boots. She sat on her bed for a moment trying to figure out where they could be. Damn when's the last time I wore them. Ohhh I remember, it was during homecoming. She jumped up and searched under her bed and there they were. Grabbing the boots and quickly putting them on, she walked over to the mirror and smiled at her reflection in approval. Her passion twists were refreshed. She wore a black long sleeved mini dress with her matching thigh high boots. Even though it was December, it was 68 degrees in Atlanta. Her make-up was minimal, save for the burgundy lipstick, eyeliner and mascara. I'm readyyyy.

A knock at the door caught her attention. "Why is he fifteen minutes early? It's just a party." Simone walked over opening the door but her eyes scrunched up in confusion. "Hey Cam... um what's up?" She was a little confused because Keisha was at the library. Nate left earlier to go home for the weekend to celebrate her dad's birthday so Simone was riding solo. Cam blinked. "Yeah um I just wanted to know if I could borrow your notes from English class? Mine ain't making sense so clearly I missed a few things." Simone walked over to her desk, grabbing her notebook. "Not that I mind but is there any reason you couldn't ask Damon. He's in the same class and on the other side of your room?"

Cam shrugged. "Damon's handwriting sometimes don't make sense. He understands it but I damn sure don't. He's also not around right now and I really need the notes tonight. I want to compare what I have to make sure I'll be on the right track before finals." Simone gave him the notebook. "Ok whatever. Just make sure you bring the notebook back to me by Monday latest." Cam sighed in relief. "Thanks Simone. I got you. You going out? You look real dressed up." Simone nodded picking up her wristlet. "Yeah you know the KEK party tonight." Cam raised an eyebrow. "I ain't hear about KEK throwing a party...anyway let me get started on this. Have fun and thanks again!" Simone was stuck momentarily by Cam's words but quickly snapped out of it, seeing him walk out the room. "You're welcome." Then her phone buzzed. JR was here now, so she quickly turned off the lights and left the room.