Fated...

~It's crazy how one night can change your life. Maybe it was fate?... An AU meeting between strangers.~

Friday Night

"We don't have to go out... we could stay here and drink or whatever..."

"Girl Bye!" Simone heard her friends respond simultaneously. She was sitting next to Gabby on her bed, while Keisha searched through her closet. She wanted to find the perfect outfit for Simone. They were turning up tonight!

"Remember last week when we talked about this? The semester starts this week, so we need to party tonight. We all know how busy we'll get. You had said you were down for whatever we decide," Gabby said playfully mocking Simone as she tweeted about tonight.

Keisha immediately chimed in after. "Also, since the break-up happened you been low-key as hell. We need to go out tonight, nothing too crazy! We fine! We single! We gotta mingle!"

Simone sighed. "Yeah I know what I said and fine I'll go... Y'all know I was good with the break-up. It needed to happen. I've been able to use this time to focus on myself and my goals. But I haven't been that low-key..."

"Yass this is the one," Keisha exclaimed as she pulled out a midnight blue mini strapless dress. "Now I think you should do the blue satin strappy heels or the black sparkly ones to make the look pop! Which ones?" Keisha held up the shoes for Simone and Gabby.

"The black sparkly heels," Simone and Gabby said together. Keisha laid the whole outfit at the foot of Simone's bed. "Now we just have to decide on your make-up and hair. After we get ready ladies, we drinking shots to loosen up a little. Then, you'll be ready to shake that fine ass all over the club later!" Keisha stuck her tongue out playfully at Simone. Gabby laughed as Simone rolled her eyes.

Simone has known Keisha, "Keish" for years now. Their parents knew each other years before they were born. They officially met when Simone moved to Atlanta at sixteen. She was a year older, an only child and basically took Simone under her wing. Keisha was funny, smart, sweet, outspoken and a little crazy in the best way. Keisha thought Simone was ambitious, loving, strong, funny and a low-key savage. She and Simone just clicked. They had bonded through late-night talk, sleep overs, dancing and shopping trips. Keisha became the first person Simone opened up to about her past, outside her family. Keisha had first confided in Simone about wanting to change her major from pre-med like her dad wanted, to dance which is truly her passion. Keisha was a big reason Simone felt comfortable to open up to others again. When Simone attended Bringston's homecoming, it just solidified that they would be close for life.

Simone met Gabrielle, "Gabby" or "Brie," during the fall semester of freshman year. They literally bumped into each other one morning when they were both running late. Gabby is an engineering major, sassy, cool, a boss, and has a beautiful singing voice. She was actually president of the Bringston ATLs. She and Simone shared a calculus class last semester. That's when they really became close. Gabby was the second person Simone told about her past. Not only did Gabby take on an older sister role with Simone, at times she was probably more protective of her than Keisha. Gabby thought Simone was strong, intelligent, sweet, caring and beautiful inside and out. Gabby was the youngest with two older brothers so having girlfriends was nice change of pace. Gabby always had this perfect way of being objective when it came to any and every scenario. She knew how to turn up but when it was time to work, she worked her ass off. Simone didn't know what she'd do without her. They'd be forever bonded.

Simone loved them both. They were three bad bitches who moved confidently, unapologetically and independently. They didn't hesitate to be there for each other, regardless. Simone walked over to her vanity pulling out lipliner, lip gloss, mascara, eye shadow, eyeliner and bronzer. She took in her reflection. Her hair was still straight from the silk press she had gotten last week. Maybe we can crimp my hair tonight. Simone couldn't lie, she was getting a little excited for tonight. It's not that she was hermit or anything, her focus had shifted since mid-spring semester of her freshman year. She had gotten her spot on top 6 and worked her way up to #2 ranking. She had also pledged Psi Kappa Zeta.