New Beginnings

~A spin on what could've happened after episode 2x08~

Damon was on his way back to his dorm after class ended. He honestly didn't pay much attention, luckily his professor dismissed them early. His head was clouded with so many thoughts. He couldn't get JR's, Lando's and Thea's words out of his mind. Even though he and JR made up that doesn't mean Damon was about to forget what he said. When it comes to Lando, things with him are always up and down. One step forward, two steps back. They weren't friends and they don't need to be to work as a team anyway. Then, all the energy, time, and care he devoted to that relationship with Thea, just to be gaslit, blamed and ambushed by a breakup. He didn't realize it at first but distance is exactly what they need and maybe it should be permanent. Damon can't change who he is and he's sick and tired of people blaming him for their own insecurities. He opened his door and threw his keys on his desk. He sat on his bed and contemplated knocking out for awhile, doing some homework or eating something. Grabbing his phone out of his pocket, he decided to FaceTime Simone, since she had been quieter than usual. He waited as the phone continued to ring but she didn't answer. He sent a text instead, in case she couldn't talk. Looking around, he changed into black and grey workout gear and headed out.

In the athletic building

Simone checked her watch as she refilled her bottle at the water fountain. She retied her silk pressed hair into a high ponytail. Then, she adjusted her purple sports bra and matching shorts. Peering at herself in one of the windows, she admired her reflection. She walked over to her green mat and put in her AirPods. She began stretching, paying close attention to her lower body and abdominals. She felt the tension leave her body as she took a deep breath. She was so glad that her suspension would only be for one tennis match. Putting the THC infused lotion mess behind her, she was finally feeling like she could relax a little. Twenty minutes later she was in the zone and began transitioning into yoga poses. She was so focused as she moved into the downward dog position, she didn't realize she had an audience.

"Well well well, isn't this a nice view," Simone heard from behind. Maintaining her position, she shook her head slightly, recognizing the voice immediately. "Do you plan on watching all day, I'm sure you have something else to do Orlando." Simone alternated between the warrior I and warrior II poses. "Orlando? Since when did I become Orlando." Lando tilted his head sideways as he continued to watch her. Simone smiled up at Lando as she turned over to position herself into the bridge pose. "I like to keep you on your toes." Lando stared down at her. "You already do that without trying." Simone arched her eyebrow. "You have something on your mind?" Lando sat down on the nearby bench press and winked at her. "I was thinking about how much I love your flexibility." Simone rolled her eyes, "bye." He chuckled and then rubbed the back of his head nervously. "Well actually, I want to take you out tomorrow night, officially."

Lando watched Simone move into another pose as he waited for her response. As Simone transitioned into her final pose, a headstand split, Lando's words caught her off guard. She tried to maintain her balance while her thoughts were racing. He wants to go out on a date, a real date? Hmm, this arrangement is just casual. Then again we have been getting closer lately. It's just a date sis, not marriage. Just as Simone was trying to find the words to speak, a third party entered their conversation much to Lando's annoyance.

Across the room

Damon walked into the athletic building and headed for the weights. He picked up two and began reps. He was so focused, he barely paid any attention to anyone around. He didn't even hear his name being called repeatedly. It wasn't until JR grabbed his shoulder that Damon's concentration shifted. "Hey D, you good? I've been calling your name for a minute." JR looked at him questioningly. Damon shrugged his shoulders. "I'm fine, just trying to workout. Why?" JR decided to let it go and they just talked casually about classes and practice. JR was looking around while Damon completed his reps, it wasn't that busy currently. He couldn't help but pause when he noticed two familiar faces. He leaned over to nudge Damon. "Aye, when they get so close?" Damon turned to see what JR was talking about and narrowed his eyes. It was Lando talking to Simone while she was doing yoga poses. "For a minute now, since Black Joy Day."