Barty Crouch jr.

Azkaban was horrible. Barty tried holding onto some of is better memories, keeping them to the back of his mind refusing to let the dementors take them, but that didn't always work.

He can barely remember what Regulus looked like, and the sound of Evan's laugh is fuzzy. The taste of Evans lips, was it lemon or cherry? Were Reggie's eyes grey blue or silver?

There was some memories that Barty had managed to keep. The feeling of Evan's hair - how soft it was, how it felt when he ran is fingers through it. The feeling of Regulus holding his hands, the coolness of his silver rings pressing against his skin.

They say Azkaban can make you mad. Barty disagrees. Losing the people you love is what makes you crazy. It destroys you. Slowly forgetting details about them.

They never found Reggie's body. Barty doesn't even know if he is dead. He doesn't know if that's better or worse than knowing that Evan is dead, having watched him die right in front of him. Not able to stop it.

Barty listed the things he could remember about Regulus and Evan every day, refusing to forget anything.

Regulus preferred tea to coffee. But he only liked the fruity teas, not black tea.

Evan took forever to get ready in the morning, making sure his hair was perfect.

His hair was blonde. Light brown? Honey?

His hair was soft, Barty knows this. It was soft, and he liked the way it felt in between his fingers.

The first thing Regulus did in the morning was brush his teeth.

Evan liked to sing, but he was terrible at it.

Regulus could play the violin beautifully.

Or was it the piano? Both?

A dementor floats past Barty's cell. It takes all the warmth as it goes by, causing Barty to shiver.

Cold.

Regulus hated how cold the Slytherin area was, preferring to stay in the library.

Evan was almost always in the greenhouses, looking after the plants.

Regulus didn't like flower.

Or did he?

He liked Roses, because they reminded him of his surname. Rosier.

No, that's not right. Evan liked Roses. Evan Rosier. Regulus Black.

Evan Rosier, Regulus Black and Barty Crouch.

The three of them. Then two.

Now one.

-

Regulus didn't like tea, but he always drank it for the aesthetic.

Evan liked chocolate cake, he had a slice after almost every meal.

Regulus was good at divination. Evan always joked that he was secretly a seer.

Evan didn't believe in seers.

Evan's favourite colour was blue. But a very light blue, silvery.

Regulus said his favourite colour was green, but that was a lie. He told Barty one day that his favourite colour was Red because it reminded him if his brother. Regulus loved his brother.

What else could he remember?

The way people parted for them in the hallways at Hogwarts, letting them walk past.

Regulus loved house elves, despite being raised to be above them.

Evan was a brilliant singer, the voice of an angel.