Lily Evans

"Gryfindor!"

That's what she was supposed to be. A Gryfindor. Brave. And she supposed she was, when she thought about it. She was brave enough to come out to her parents. Brave enough to come out to her sister (who didn't accept her and called her a freak and... Other things.)

But she wasn't brave enough to come out to Severus. And she didn't exactly want to. She'd seen how he treated others when he heard about them. Oh well, she didn't want to think about that right now.

At this moment in time, she was walking up to the Gryfindor Common room for the first time. And now up to the girls dormetry... Which was spelled to make sure no boys went up it. Great.

Lily waited at the bottom while the other girls went up, because placing a foot on the first step. She got up the stairs, grinning when she got to the top.

"what's got you so cheerful?" a girl with dark hair asked.

"nothing." Lily smiled. "just exited to be here."

Through out the years, she got more comfortable with people. Eveeyone was nice to her, and when she came out to her best friends, they hugged her and said that they loved her no matter what.

And then there was James Potter. He, of course, didn't know anything. And Lily was scared to let him know. So, even though she really really liked him. She pushed him away. She was always mean to him, and often ignored him when he tried to speak to her.

But if James Potter was anything, it was persistent. He would not leave her alone.

Of course, that's when Severus found out. She has no idea how he realised it, but when he did he was worse than Petunia. So she stopped talking to him. Pretended it didn't hurt when it did. Whenever someone asked what happened between them, she always said that he called her a mudblood.

The only person that knew what he actually said was Alice. Alice was lovely, and found out when she found Lily crying in her bed the day Severus said those horrible words to her.

It took a few months to get over what he said, and Alice helped her get over it. James was there the entire time, asking how he could help. He seemed genuenly concerned about her. So she decided to give him a chance.

Alice told her that she didn't have to tell James straight away. But she probably would after a while.

Of course that never really came, when Severus blackmailed Lily. Saying that she either had to break up with James, or he would tell him her secret.

So, instead, she told him herself. She cried. James hugged her, told her that he loved her no matter what, and then cried because she told him that she thought she was broken.

And then, when she told him what Snape actually said to her, he almost lost it. Threatening to curse him, to hurt him until he couldn't even remember his own name.

The only reason he stayed was because Lily asked him to.

So they stayed on the sofa of the common room hugging in front of the fire until the words of Severus Snape started to fade from her mind again.

You'll never be a real girl, Louis. You freak.