Draco Malfoy

After the war I tried. I really did.

I tried to redeem myself. Tried to ignore what everyone said about me as if I couldn't hear them.

I never went back to hogwarts. The new headmistress, Mcgonnagal, sent me three letters inviting me back. But I couldn't.

Not when I was the cause for everything that happened there.

I wanted to forget. Forget everything. Everyone.

Obviously that's impossible. Even if I did forget, no one would forget me or what I did.

So I decided to do what I've wanted to do ever since I could use magic.

I trained to become a healer.

I want to help people. Instead of tear them down like I've been doing my entire life.

It took years before my colleagues trusted me. Some of them still don't.

I see them flinch whenever I roll out my sleeves. The dark mark faded and dead, causing my skin to shrivle up and turn grey.

I don't blame them, of course. I hate it too. It makes me physically sick when I look at it.

Whenever I have a patient they are usually fine with me, until they see my arm. Then their whole personality changes.

They demand for another healer. When asked why, their response is usually "I won't have death eater scum being responsible for my safety."

There is one girl. She's quite nice. Astoria Greengrass. She visits me quite often.

She's rather friendly, but I think she wants to be more than just friends, but I don't deserve a relationship. And I told her that.

So we're just friends.

At work, some patients are nice to me. The ones that don't understand about the war. Mainly Muggle-borns.

Of course, I'm always nice to a patient. I don't give them any reason to hate me. I wouldn't. I don't want to give my boss an excuse to fire me.

If I was fired, no one else would hire me. Then I wouldn't be able to look after my mother.

And if I can't look after her, who will?

A/n
I wanted to do something about Draco because I love him. I saw something on Instagram about how he only ever gets a character arc in fanfics when he ends up with Harry or Hermione, so I decided to make this.

Its quite short, but most of these are anyway.