.004 [ TOM KAULITZ ]

✮ ✮ ✮

CASHIER.

FINISHING YET ANOTHER can of soda, throwing it into the garbage can, she sighed loudly. The 'no sit' rule at her job really made her rethink why she chose to work here anyway.
Her eyelids were heavy, leaning on her hand, she wondered why she agreed to cover the night shift.

Dozing off was becoming a habit at this point, the clock almost striking 3A.M. sharp.
The ringing at the door, signaling the arrival of a new customer didn't wake her up, still snoozing.

Though she didn't get much sleep anyway until two voices seemed to argue with each other on the other side of the counter.
She opened her eyes, registering the words they were saying, it took embarrassingly long to realize they were speaking another language.

German?

She'd taken a few classes in high-school, though never really put it to use. As a worker at a pit stop in the middle of nowhere, it was useful to know plenty other languages just in case of tourists.

"Ready to pay?" She asked, interrupting the small argument between the two customers.

[Y/N] looked up, a man with long brown hair looking back down at her. His friend stood next to him, he had short black hair and an eyebrow piercing.
Examining customers was a normal habit, being the only thing that kept her entertained.
She stood up straight, her customer service smile worn down by the few rude customers she had earlier that night.

"Yeah." One of them said, smiling. He put two bottles of water on the counter, his friend leaving his side to splurge the chip aisle.
"Okay.." She muttered, "How's your night?"

The basic service questions she was forced to ask made her slightly cringe in her own skin, especially when the customer was as nice as this one.
"Good," He replied, "How's yours?"

"Good." She replied back, scanning the two waters. "Is that all?"

The boy turned around, "Tom, hurry up!" He called out.
A different guy made his way towards him, a few chips and a 6-pack of beer in his hands. He placed them on the counter and smiled.
He had black braids, a sweatband covering his hairline. He wore baggy jeans and a white shirt that looked much too big for him, in contrast to his friend, who wore all black.

[Y/N] raised an eyebrow, not sure if she were high or if the two were twins.

She scanned the snacks, looking back up at the two, "ID please." She said.
The twins looked surprised, but the braided one fished a hand in his pocket, pulling out his wallet.  "I got this one." He said to his twin, hip-bumping him off to the side as he handed the cashier his ID.

The short-haired twin grumbled something and walked out of the store.

She looked the card, it's format different. "Germany, wow." She commented flatly, returning his ID.
"You aren't German yourself?" The guy asked. [Y/N] shook her head, "Just know a bit."

She eyed the others outside, who stood texting on their phones waiting for the guy in front of her to finish up.
"You two are twins?"

He looked surprised.
"Yeah." He replied. "Most people say we don't look alike."
[Y/N] scanned the alcohol, "Identical." She said jokingly, bagging the items and placing them on the counter.
"8.64 is your total."

The customer laughed, pulling a 10 out of his wallet.
"Tom, you?" He introduced himself.

[Y/N] tapped the name tag on her shirt, "Guess."
Tom smiled widely, "Funny," He said sarcastically. "So you got a boyfriend or am I allowed to ask for your number?"

[Y/N] rolled her eyes, opening the cash register. "What makes you think i'm interested?" She replied, counting and collecting his change.
Tom titled his head, "You aren't?" He asked, leaning forward on the counter.

The cashier held out his change, "Tip and you'll find out."

Tom laughed, taking his change from her hand. He looked at her for a few seconds before he realized the girl was being serious.
"Really?"

[Y/N] shrugged smugly, a slight smirk on her face as she leaned on the palm of her hand.
Tom sighed, putting his change on the table, "So can I have your number?"

[Y/N] leaned forward, taking one of his braids into her hands. His hair was smooth, they almost felt synthetic.
"I don't know.." She muttered, "I don't think your my type."
The boy looked hurt for a second, rolling his eyes when he saw [Y/N] break into a smile.
She held her hand out, confusing Tom for a bit before he got the message.

He pulled his phone out of his pocket, placing it on [Y/N]'s open palm.
She began to type in her number, pausing to look up at Tom. "Who's Amanda?" She asked, looking back down at the phone, "Emma, Jackie, Violet.."

Tom looked red, scratching the back of his neck in shame. Before he could reply, she handed him his phone back.
"I don't do players." [Y/N] said, pushing herself up off the counter to stand up straight. "Shame, you're really cute."

Tom was about to protest before he looked down at his phone, [Y/N]'s number saved under her name.
He smiled, "I'll see you later?" 

[Y/N] shooed him away, to which he smirked and left.
She watched his brother tackle him as soon as he stepped foot outside, to which she scoffed. The reality of her job began to sink back in, already bored again.

How much time left until her shift was over?