Chapter 10

Hello all, chapters should be better and go a lot smoother now as I have re-watched all of Black Blood Brothers to try and grasp what I was thinking when I originally wrote the story. I'm going to try and make Zelman, well... more like Zelman. Thanks again for all the support!

Zelman P.O.V
I kept running until I saw them. The Kowloon child was dead on the ground and Hayley was standing before it. I think it was Hayley. She was wearing a blue, flowered kimono and had a flute to her mouth. A creature that resembled a dragon had appeared out of the water behind her and her eyes were glowing. The Kowloon child appeared to have been drowned and then ripped apart. The dragon probably did it.

"I see you have already come across the issue." Sei appeared, coming out of nowhere. I hadn't even heard him, that's how focused on her I was. To keep up appearances though, I glanced briefly at him out of the corner of my eye. A bored expression in on my face.

Hayley looked at him then nodded to the dragon. It looked at her one last time before sinking back into the water. The flute disappeared and Hayley's clothes changed back to what she was originally wearing. In all my 800 or so years, I was yet to see someone like her.

Hayley's P.O.V
As my clothes faded back I looked at Zelman and Sei. Zelman appeared slightly ruffled, though with his usual bored expression, he must have run after me when I- oh damn...

"THAT STUPID BRAT HAS SCRATCHED MY BEAUTIFUL BABY! SEI! HELP ME RESURRECT IT SO THAT I MAY KILL IT AGAIN EVEN MORE PAINFULLY THIS TIME!" I yelled, fuming over the fact that my brand new motorbike, my newest baby, had just been hurt. :(

I saw Zelman lazily glance at me but I ignored him and glared at the messy pile of grey ash that used to be a Kowloon child.
Sei ignored us both and gestured to follow him.

"There has been a new addition to your team as the problem is spreading over the city. He is awaiting your presence just around here if you will follow me."
Zelman and I walked after him, Zelman pulling a cigarette out of his pocket as he did so. As we turned the corner I was greeted with a pleasant surprise! (For once)

"James!"

"Hayley!"

We both ran up to each other, I shocked him (and somebody else) by enveloping him in a hug.
He hugged me back before picking me up and twirling me around.

"How's Canon going?" He asked as he put me down.

"It's been a little hectic, I haven't even looked at it yet!" I exclaimed pulling out of his arms.

"Oh! By the way, Zelman, this is James, James, this is Zelman." I introduced the two. Zelman smirked and nodded, but he had a pretty worrying glint in his eyes. James just looked a little bewildered.

"Crimson eyed Zelman?" He asked in slight disbelief. "An absolute pleasure to be at your acquaintance." He said bowing slightly.

"How formal." Was the only reply he gained.

James stood back up and the two seemed to have a bit of a stare down, while Sei and I just looked on in confusion. Though I wasn't sure how much Sei was actually seeing with his eyes closed and glasses on and... ya know what I'm getting at. Suddenly James swung his arm around my shoulder pulling me close to him again. I looked at him a bit shocked and saw Zelman's eyes narrow slightly, his lips pressed into a thin line... not that I was looking at his face or lips, which is part of his face or... yeah... I am so immature.

"Well! Now that we all know each other! Let's find out what's happening!" James exclaimed, pulling me even further into his embrace. Without any warning at all, the trees around us caught fire. I quickly looked at Zelman's very annoyed looking face, no it was more than annoyed. He looked possessive and like he was about to murder someone. His eyes were glowing a deeper red so I did the first thing that came to mind.

I jumped out of James' arms and covered Zelman's eyes.

Much to my complete surprise, the fire didn't stop. So I just pulled him into a hug and held him there, his face buried in my neck. Why I did the first thing? It seemed logical. If he couldn't see, he couldn't burn things. Obviously not the case... now I know.
The second action... felt and seemed like the right thing to do. I guess I just acted out of instinct. Whatever instinct there is in your body that tells you to hug murderous vampires. I should get that checked...

"It annoys me that his scent is now clinging to your body." His husky voice murmured into my ear. I turned red and pushed him away slightly.

"So, Sei... what else are we here to do?." I asks a bit too desperately.