Chapter 4

I would like to apologise to all my readers for not updating this story. I got to the point where I had no idea what to write and just didn't know what to do with the story. It would mean a lot to me if people could leave comments on where they would like the story to go in the comments so that I can keep up to date with it that way!

Thank you all so much.

Chapter 4

Hayley's P.O.V

Sei called us in the next day. By next day I mean 6 in the morning. Otherwise meaning the whole council was dealing with a grumpy shape shifter. The stupid thing, was that this council meaning was meant to be for the council to officially meet me.

I sat slouched in my chair next to Zelman, not even trying to look like I was listening. I glanced at Zelman who looked exactly the same as me. I quietly snorted. What a pair we must make.

I quietly pulled out the can of coke I had stolen from Zelman's stash just before we left, and silently opened it. Since everyone was being boring and serious (what were they saying again?) I decided to lighten mood. How did I do this you ask?

I took a very loud slurp from the can making everyone look at me.

I glanced at Zelman as I swallowed and smirked. He raised an eyebrow and looked at the can. I just smiled and kept taking loud slurps in the hope of annoying everyone to the point that they would kick me out and I could go back to bed.

I felt a tap on the shoulder I turned to Zelman.

"You got another one with you?" He asked smirking. I let out a slow creepy smile, he must have caught on to what I was doing, and judging by the way he was still sitting slouched in his chair, looking even more bored than usual, I decided to let him play my little game with me. At least that's what I let him think.

I took out the other can I brought with me, making sure that it was pretty shaken up as I "searched" for it. I took it out and gave it to him, letting out another evil smile as he took it from me.

The other council members saw this and looked on confused.

I looked at Sei who had sat across from me and had seen the whole thing. He had a small amused look on his face as he watched on.

Zelman took the drink from me and sat back down in his slouched position.

He opened it and the coke sprayed all over his face, beanie and track suit. He had a surprised look on his face and then glared at me.

I burst out laughing and his eyes flashed dangerously as he glared.

"I thought you were supposed to be his big time vampire!" I teased still laughing.

"How did you not hear all of that fizzing to the surface when you started to open it?!?" I laughed.

By now, the rest of the council was chuckling along with me. To bad it took Zelman to get coke sprayed all over his face, to lighten the mood. Hopefully I lightened it to the point where it became cancelled and put off 'till later.

"As we have all lost focus on what our reason for being here is, I believe it would be best if we moved this meeting to a later time, when we have all calmed down." Sei announced.

"Yes!" I screamed and bolted out the door. I got all the way down the stairs and to the front door of the building, before I remembered something. I had no way of getting back to the mansion without Zelman. To make it worse I couldn't even walk as I didn't know the way. I felt like whacking my head against the wall in the hope that the route would magically appear in my mind.

I was actually about to test my new theory before I felt a presence behind me. I turned around startled and ready to fight, to see Zelman standing there still soaked in coke.

He walked silently to the car and I followed him, I got in and waited for him to start driving.

As he drove, I tried to memorise the route so that this wouldn't happen again. I think I managed to memorise the majority of it before we got to the mansion.

I jumped out of the car and walked up to the door. I started to open it, only to have it slammed closed by a hand that had reached around me.

I felt Zelman press his body against mine as he breathed heavily in my ear.

"You better watch your back now... embarrassing me in front of the council was not a good move Hayley." He whispered lowly in my ear making me shiver.

A gust of wind flew past me leaving Zelman gone and the door open. All that was left was me standing in the doorway, feeling cold without his body pressed up against mine.

I shook my head, clearing my thoughts and walked up to my room trying to ignore how that had made me feel.

I hope this update was okay and sorry its short!

I hope I get some more ideas quickly and sorry again for the long wait.

Please remember to comment and vote.