Chapter 13

Much to my confusion, I started to wake up. I safe, and warm, and could smell the forest and ash around me.
I opened my eyes, and all I could see was a blurry red thing. My blurry red blob like creature turned out to have a fave... A rather good looking one actually.

"Hayley!?" a muffled voice said to me, I figured it was coming from the red blob, a few other blobs entered my vision, a blonde one, and a smaller dark coloured one. I wish I could see them better, but everything was becoming harder, and darker. I shut my eyes again.

The next time they were open, I was still in the forest, although I was laying next to a red haired male. I proper myself up on my good arm, and looked at Zelman. His haid covering parts of his face and eyes.
I blew on them, softly moving it out of his face so I could study it.
All of a sudden, bright red eyes met mine, he sat up so suddenly we whacked heads. The impact pushing me backwards, his arm going around my shoulders, catching me before I hit the ground.

"You're awake again!" he exclaimed. I was shocked, I'd never seen so much emotion outside of his usual annoyed or smirking facial expressions.

"Uh, ye-yeah! Wait what?" I stuttered, confused. Again?  Why was I awake again?

"You've been asleep for two days, we didn't want to move you too far because of your injuries, so we set up a small camp near the your wonderful, fireworks display, I'll call it." he said,  smirking at the last few words.

I sniggered at him.
"Bet I outdid anything you're capable of." I announced smuggly.

"Maybe, but I could have done just as much without injuring myself." He whispered, moving his face close to my ear.
My face flushed, having short flashbacks if being carried through the forest in his arms, and being placed on the soft ferns, with him laying down next to me.

"Thank you" I mumbled, unable to look into his eyes for some reason.

"For what?" he asked, his eyes widening slightly and his mouth parting.

"For looking after me, and being there for me." I whispered, and leaned in, closing his mouth with my own.
The kiss igniting a fire within me, pushing me to lean into him, and use my good hand to cup the base of his head.
His own arms going around my waist and cupping my own head too, deapening it even more.

Someone close by cleared their throat, and we pulled apart, turning to look at James.

"Guess I've lost, and she's yours." he grumbled to Zelman, before smiling and laughing to himself.

"I never really had a chance to begin with, she was yours from that start." he sighed with a small smile.
Zelman only looked at him and nodded.

"Once I've made up my mind, nothing stops me getting what I want. Although I'll give you a tiny bit of credit for trying." Zelman sniggered at him, before I hit his shoulder, just making him "hmpf" and look away.

I smiled a sad smile at James, and he only nodded at me before walking away.

Out of the corner of my eye,  I saw Sei waving at me, he gave me a thumbs at before turning away too. I smiled at his figure as it disappeared into the bushes.

I turned to Zelman, who was also looking at where Sei was too. He turned to me too.

"Come on, let's go home." he smiled at me.

"Anywhere with you." I smiled back. He helped me onto his back, and we wandered into the trees together too.

I know this was very short and rushed, but I wanted to finish it off instead of adding some more filler chapters. Sorry if Zelman is OOC, I haven't seen Black Blood Brothers in quite a while! I hope you all still enjoyed it. Feel free to add constructive criticism as I will be completing a creative writing course at my university in the coming weeks, so I'll likelu be writing down different things 😊
Thank you all again, and I'm sorry again for two year break 😅