Chapter 2

Sorry I took so long to update! I wasn't going to cause I didn't think anyone would read it but I have to thank the one person that commented for inspiring me to continue!!!!!!!

Here's chapter Two and don't forget to comment cause they are very encouraging!!!!

Chapter 2

H.S POV

I finished the melody I was playing and removed my violin from my shoulder. I was annoyed at myself cause I came all the way to this giant building, walked up however many flights of stairs there are (I couldn't find the lift and spent more time tripping over the front of my violin case, then I did actually ascending the stairs, (AN: I do that when I carry my case up stairs as I am also ridiculously clumsy.)) only to arrive at this room and play one song before I loss focus. Which would bring me to my next thought... why did I loose focus? All I know now, is that I can't play anymore. I sigh and start to put my violin away in the case, loosening the bow as I walked. As I was strapping it in, I felt a strong presence outside the door and turned around, my black sword in my hand. I moved to a defensive position, making sure there was nothing for me to trip on if I had to make a sudden movement.

The door opened and I held my breath. (Not that I really need to breathe.)

Sei walked in and I relaxed a little, still on edge because of that strong presence I felt at the door.

I felt the air around the room shift and in walks a very laid back looking, track suit and beanie wearing, powerful, moron *cough* I mean vampire. My first impression obviously wasn't the best. I hope he can't read minds.

I stared at him and didn't move from my defensive position. I looked at Sei and he seemed relaxed. Seeing him relaxed put me at ease so I straightened myself and put my sword away. I watched the strangers eyes follow my every move and my mood brightened a bit at this. Although it's kinda freaky how focused he was on me.

"Soooo... what was that you were just playing?" He asked.

My eyes widened a bit. 'He heard me!' Was my first thought, and that made me feel a bit sick. I don't particularly like people listening to me play (even after 900 years of practice!).

Keeping a calm face, I replied like I normally would.

"I don't believe it is your business."

I knew I sounded rude but it really wasn't his business. That and I liked annoying people.

His eyes narrowed a bit and I smirked knowing I had succeeded. Sei just stood there and watched the whole interaction, (well... as much as he could with his eyes closed. How does he do that???) and he decided that he would interfere around then-ish.

"Hayley, this is Zelman Clock. Zelman, this is Hayley Storm... the shapeshifter I told you about."

'Zelman Clock...' I inwardly smirked finding his last name amusing.

"A pleasure to meet you Clocky!" I said with a big smile on my face. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Sei's lips twitch upward.

To bad Ol' Clocky Boy's were pointing downwards.

"You too Hayley." He said in a laid back voice, to match his laid back attitude.

This guy was definitely going to get on my nerves...

Z.C POV

The nickname 'Clocky' was going 'round and 'round in my head and while I could see this girl found it amusing, I definitely didn't.

I decided to get back at her, and show her that it didn't bother me at all.

"You too Hayley." I said being as laid back as I possibly could. I saw that it got on her nerves and smirked my famous smirk.

"Hayley." Sei said out of nowhere, bringing us out of our little... whatever it was.

"Like I said before, this is Zelman Clock. You will be staying with him and will be working with him as his partner on the Kowloon, the case that I summoned you to help with."

I watched as her eyes widened and she opened her mouth to object, but Sei cut her off.

"You weren't happy with your apartment and Zelman's mansion is big enough that you would rarely run into each other, so you would only see him when you worked on the case."

I looked back at Hayley to see her answer.

She just nodded her head.

I could tell she wasn't particularly happy with the situation but this only amused me further.

Movement brought me back out of my thoughts, as I watched her turn, grab her case, and stalk out the room.

"Well that went well!" I said sarcastically to nobody in particular.

Back to Hayley's POV!!!

I was fuming as I stalked up the stairs to my apartment shaking the building with my heavy steps. People that came out their rooms to complain about it, turned and closed their doors, locking them, when I glared at them, daring them to tell me to shut up.

I reached my room, grabbed my barely unpacked suitcase and packed what little was unpacked, back into it.

"Stupid Clock-ass moron!" I mumbled under my breath as I stomped around my room and packed things.

As I walked into the bathroom to pack my toiletries, I tripped on an umbrella that was laying on the ground, and fell face-first into the wall next to the bathroom door. I pulled back bracing my hands on the wall and checked for damage. 'Only a little crack' I thought as I stared at the jagged line where my forehead had hit.

Suddenly another crack appeared around it, and another, and another until...

"Oh shit..." I mumbled as the wall caved in, giving way under the weight of me holding myself up against it. I landed in the bathtub, sprawled out like I was having a bath... in green wallpaper and white, dusty, plaster. 'My day is just getting better and better!' I sarcastically thought to myself. I got out the bath, did a reverse spell on the wall. So while I packed my toiletries, the wall repaired itself! (Handy right?!?)

I put the last of my belongings in my suitcase and looked around the small apartment. 'It could defiantly do with a clean.'

I thought through the spells I knew, found a cleaning one and watched at the room cleaned itself.

When it was done, I walked down the many stairs, feeling proud when I saw the bottom because I hadn't fallen over.

Thought to soon. My doc-martins shoe-lace came undone and I stood on it causing me fell to face-plant at the bottom of stairs. Right at mister Clocky's feet. "Shit..." I muttered for the second time, pulling myself up and praying to whatever god or goddess out that I hadn't flashed him my under-wear!