Chapter 5

Hey everyone! I updated again!!! Surprise! I hope this chapter is okay because I have introduced a new character. Zelman better watch out cause he has competition now! Bwahahaha

*choke choke*

Okay... no more evil laughs for me...

Chapter 5

Hayley's P.O.V

When I arrived at my room I threw myself down on my bed and started to think. Even bough I tried to clear my minds thoughts about him, he just kept invading them. I knew now was the worst possible time for me to start to fall for someone because of the case we were now working on and the fact that I had pissed him off and needed to watch my back. I was also scared of falling in love again because of the last time. I felt my eyes welling up with tears as I thought of him.

I quickly shook my head to clear my thoughts of him. I did not need to sink back into depression again, especially with Zelman around to pick on me for it. Instead, I thought of ways to annoy him before we were sent out to take control over the Kowloon children. Apparently they were still recovering from the last outbreak and wanted to remove them from the special zone all together so there weren't anymore problems. Only problem with eliminating them at the moment was that we had no idea where they were and I was yet to leave the mansion by myself.

That made thoughts stop. Why hadn't I left yet? I didn't have to stay in this room by myself until the case was over! I could go exploring! And find a music shop! I felt like hitting my head against my beds headboard as I realised how stupid it was for me to stay here. Just 'cause Clocky was a shut in didn't mean that I had to be one to!

With that thought in mind I opened the window and jumped out heading towards the mansion gates.

Why I took the window and not the door like a normal person you ask? I didn't need Zelman knowing I was gone or where I was going or even when I was coming back.

I slipped past the human guarding the gate and just continued down the driveway. As I walked into town I checked whether I still had the money Sei gave me for buying things I need.

As I walked, a motorbike seemed like something I definitely needed. A nice fancy one...

I wondered into the first store I saw and asked the elderly human woman working there if there was a place for me to buy a motorbike. She gave me a funny look before giving me directions.

I walked into the store and gasped at the beautiful bikes surrounding me. After about two hours of looking and an hour of bargaining I walked out with a black sports motorcycle. I pulled on the tinted helmet and speed down the streets (keeping to the backstreets to avoid a speeding ticket) and as I slowed down I came across a quaint looking music store. I walked in and started looking at the violin music they had, maybe I could get back into it with some new pieces to work on.

As I looked I felt a tap on the shoulder and turned around. The most beautiful crystal blue eyes stared back at me.

I was so captivated by the blue eyes that I didn't notice the owner talking.

"- you okay? Are you okay?" He asked again. I quickly snapped our of my day dream.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I play the violin and have had trouble getting in the mood to play so I thought I would find some new music to distract myself with." I said to him. Though I don't know why, I felt like I had just told him my life story.

He smiled a slow smile at me that I found as beautiful ad his eyes.

He turned to the music on the shelves and quickly started scanning through it.

I took this chance to check him out. (Vampire or not, there are some pretty good looking men out there that woman like me can't help but admire.)

He had tousled blonde medium length hair, a pretty bulky build but not to the obsessive body builder type and was lightly tan.

He wearing light blue jeans and a white fitted t-shirt.

Meaning... he was the complete opposite to my dark hair and clothes and pale skin.

He finally picked up a sheet and completely smiled at me showing small fangs. I stared shocked. It never occurred to me to check with my senses whether he was human or not.

Wow... I must be having a very off day.

He handed me the sheet music and I scanned though it.

John Pachelbel's Cannon in D. I had played it before at a concert a couple of decades ago but I never kept the sheet music.

"This is a beautiful piece of music, I think it would be a good challenge for someone like you." He said.

"I played it a couple of years back but never kept the music." I mumbled trying to seem interested in the music so I wasn't openly staring at him like a creep.

"Oh, I could always find some-"

"Don't worry. It'd be fun to play it again." I cut in flashing him a smile that showed my fangs.

"You should come back and play it for me then." He said inching closer to me.

Not one to leave a handsome man hanging I flirted back.

"I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised when I return."

(A.N I just reread this last couple of paragraphs and realized how wrong that sounded. I can't be bothered changing it though. ;))

I walked out the store then getting on my bike with my new music tucked safely in my bag.

"I never found out your name!" He yelled from the door as I put my helmet on. I lifted the visor and yelled back.

"Hayley! You?"

"James!" He replied.

"Well, I guess I'll be seeing you soon James." I said with a wink as I flicked my visor down and pulled away from the curb and headed back to the mansion.

I pulled up to the gates and pulled my helmet up showing the surprised guard who I was. He quickly let me in when I started to drum my fingers on the front of the bike and let one of my fangs slip out.

I drive through the gate that the terrified guard had opened for me and parked my new bike in Zelman's guarantee before walking back through the mansion in a dreamy state still thinking of James.

This means I forgot about Zelman's petty little revenge plan.

I ended up slipping at the end of the corridor and falling down to flights of stairs because someone had left a big line of grease at the top.

I looked up from the uncomfortable position I was laying in. On my back with my head at the bottom of the stairs and the rest of my body resting on the stairs. Zelman was looking down at me smirking his usual smirk.

Usually I would be annoyed about a prank like this but since I was still high on thoughts about James and his little music store I just jumped up, gave Zelman a kiss on the cheek which surprised the hell out of him and skipped down the corridor to my room.

As I unlocked my door I heard Zelman ask one of his female assistants what was wrong with me.

She answered.

"She looks like a school girl in love for the first time."

As she finished this, I thought I heard a possessive animal like growl emit from Zelman but I ignored it and just skipped into my room closing the door behind me.

So... what did everyone think of this next chapter and of the new character James?

Sorry if its short but I'm going to try start working on the next chapter right away!

Feedback or constructive criticism means a lot so please comment on how you think the story is going and please vote!