Chapter 4 ~ Sneaky Swig Of Vodka

About 5 minutes later I heared a squeal of tires outside. Probably bradford. The door burst open and tim was standing there. He scanned the room until Genny waved him over. "Shes all yours big bro!" Genny said. Wait, big bro? SHE WAS HIS BROTHER. I'm glad I didn't say his name. "Oh and be nice she sounds pretty heartbroken." Genny whispered to him. " Will do genny! Come on lucy can you stand up?" Tim asked impatiently. "No because I'm not going home. I want another drink." I protested again. Even though I knew he would win I'm not giving in that easily.

"Your not having anything else to drink now stand up before I make you." Tim said warning me. "Do what you like I don't care I'm not moving till I've had another-" I started to protest again.

In one swift movement tim had lifted me off of my stool and I was now standing next to him. He had one arm on mine to support me. I was wobbling all over the place. "Come on chen hurry upp" Tim whispered under his breath as we were slowly walking towards the door. I stopped. There was no way he was going to make me feel guilty about being slow. Luckily we didn't have work tomorrow.

"What are you doing Chen?" Tim asked suprised. "Going back to the bar" I said turning around. Before I knew it I was being carried bridal style out of the bar. "Wait tim-" I tried to protest and wiggle free. "Continue to wiggle and I will drop you and it will hurt." Tim warned unfazed. "Fine." I mumbled. He smelt of body spray and dog. Kojo to be exact.

As we got closer to the car Tim put me down and I walked the rest of the way him still supporting me as I was wobbling all over the place. He opened the door for me and helped me climbed in. It took all of my strength to not fall asleep in his car. "Nice car" I mumbled. "Thanks. Why were you in the bar?" Tim questioned. "Whenever we go out with the team you only ever have 2 shots at most?"

"My mum called." I mumbled. I lifted my head of the car door and lent across to turn on the radio. Bitter by Dylan Conrique. Tamara was actually the one who sang this but used Dylan as her stage name. It was actually a pretty good song. I turned it up.

As the song started I began humming the tune. I saw Tim glance over at me a few times but I didn't care. By time it got to the chorus I was practically crying and shouting the lyrics. For a minute I forgot about everything. Work. My mum. The bar. Jacksons death. Even Tim.

That was until he turned the radio down. "Hey" I mumbled coming back to my senses. "Shouting lyrics that we both know you helped Tamara write isn't going to change what's going on." Tim replied concerned. "Fine. It's my mum. She's pressuring me about the job." I replied. "She wants you to move up? Tim asked confused. "No she wants me to quit." I mumbled looking down at my hands. "Do you want to?" "Of course not."

We finally arrived back at mine. Tim got out of the car at the same time I did. I stood up and instantly fell over as my head was killing me and my eyes couldnt focus. "Chen!" Tim shouted as he came round the back of the car and saw me on the floor. "I'm fine tim" I mumbled but this time my voice sounded wobbly. Tim bent down to help me and I swatted him away. I went to get up again but failed. "If your not going to let me help I'm gonna go because I can't stand to see you struggle. But you will be there all night if I go and we both know it." Tim said rolling his eyes. "Fine." I mumbled again. "Why do you mumble so much when your drunk" Tim asked laughing.

We got inside and tim sat me down at the table. I'm going to go get you some clothes he said as he walked towards the bathroom. "Other way nobhead." I called after him. I realised he had never actually been in my apartment before. I got up and held onto the walls for support as i walked towards tamaras room. She had left a note on her bed as she usually does when she's going out.

I'm going to Grace's for a sleepover will message you when I get there love you
Tamara xx

I came out of tamaras room and listened to see where tim was. Still in my room. Good that means I'll have time. I snuck over to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of vodka I ran to the bathroom as I heared tim open my bedroom door. I locked myself in and sat against the door. I heard tim shout "where are your pj's?" I forgot that he would be going through my wardrobe. I decided not to answer and took a swig of vodka right out of the bottle.

I heard a small knock. "Lucy? Are you in there? Can I come in? Please." Tim whispered through the door. I unlocked the door. "Seriously lucy?" He rolled his eyes as he saw the bottle of vodka in my hand.

"Give it to me. Now." He said annoyed. "And if I say no?" Now I was pushing my luck. "Lucy give it to me." He said raising an eyebrow. "Mhm let me get back to you on that one." I said pushing past him and went back into the kitchen.

I saw Tim's hand reach for the bottle but I swiftly moved my arm before he could get it. "To slow bradford. To slow." I said sitting down at the table. "Lucy im not playing. Give me the bottle. Now." Tim warned. I don't know what it was about the tone he used but I gave in. Shit. My diary.

I ran towards the bedroom as fast as I could without falling over. I locked the door before tim could come in and ran to the wardrobe. Where Is it? I moved the small box I had in the corner. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw it.

"Lucy? Are you ok? What happened? Let me in or I swear down I will break this door." I got up and unlocked the door quickly. I did not have the time to replace a door. Tim rushed in. "Are you ok?" "Yeah I'm fine I just remembered something" I said hugging him.

"Oh your diary?" Tim asked smirking. Did he read it? Well it didn't have anything I didn't want him to see in it really. I kept all of that in the notes of my phone. "No I didn't read it and if I wanted to all I needed to do I go onto your phone." Tim replied laughing.

He knew exactly what I was thinking most of the time. "How did u guess?" I mumbled. "Oh come on Luce. Your the daughter of therapists! Did you really think I didn't know you have a diary and a backup?" He chuckled.