Chapter 13 ~ Hospital

Lucys Pov:
I could smell bleach. It smelt horrible. I knew that smell. Before I had even opened my eyes, I guessed I was in the hospital. A nurse walked in. "Oh good, you're up! How do you feel?" She asked sweetly. She seemed to be in her earlier 20s and couldn't be more than 25. "Um, what happened? I feel like I've been hit by a truck!" I say groaning. "Well, you attended a domestic abuse incident and chased the suspect. He reached a dead end and managed to pin you against the wall and-" She explained. "And kneed me twice. But what happened after that?" I asked, confused.

"You arrested the suspect, then collapsed. You also found a body. Your partner, Officer Lopez, called an RA, and you were rushed into emergency surgery. You were bleeding internally. Unfortunately, when we did an ultrasound, your baby had already passed. I'm so sorry, sweetie." She said, holding my hand. "Wait, baby? I was pregnant?" I asked, confused. No way. "Uh, yes. You were 3 months along. I'm sorry, hunny." She said with tears in her eyes. "Can you send Officer Lopez and Harper in here, please?" I whispered.

Nyla and Angela walked through the door a few minutes later. "Hey! How are you? " Angela said cheerily until she saw my face. I started to cry. "Hey, hey, hey, what happened?" Nyla said, coming round to one side of my bed whilst Angela went to the other. "I was pregnant. 3 months." I whispered. "Oh sweetie. Come here, " Angela said, hugging me. They both started to cry, and we sat there on the hospital bed hugging and crying together. "It was Tim's..." I muttered.

"Do you want us to go get him? He was arguing with the nurses earlier, " Nyla said, chuckiling. "Doesn't suprise me," I said whilst laughing through the tears. "Yes, please." I whispered. They both left. A few minutes later Tim came bursting throught the door. "Are you ok lucy?!" Tim said running over to me cupping my cheek with one hand. "I need to tell you something. I was pregnant. 3 months..."