Chapter 12 ~ The Call

A few months later, Lucy and Tim told everyone they were officially dating, and almost everyone knew it would happen at some point. Celena said she had already seen it happen in a dream, and Nyla and Angela guessed.

Lucys Pov:
"Welcome back to roll call everyone. A few changes. Angela and Nyla are back on patrol to assess everyone and select two people they think would excel in the detectives' position. That's it from me today, really. Be safe out there, guys! Angela, Nyla, come on up!" Grey said, stepping off the podium and taking a seat.

"Right, we're gonna get straight to the point. Lopez and Chen, Harper and Celena, Bradford and Aaron, Smitty and Nolan, will be riding together. Over the next few days, your partners will rotate so we both get a chance to assess you. That's it for today. Be safe." The girls said.

After grabbing the kit bags, I hopped into the shop. After a few hours of aimlessly driving around, we pulled over and waited. Angela and I were talking about Jack and how much he had grown. She showed me a video of him walking and saying Dada. Much to her annoyance.

My mouth suddenly began watering, and I felt myself go pale. "Uh lucy? You have gone green. Get out! DO NOT THROW UP IN MY NEW SHOP!" Angela screeched. I undid my seatbelt and flew out of the car. I lent over, and my entire breakfast ended up on the grass. I coughed and grabbed bottled water from the car. After sipping the water, I was feeling better.

I climbed back in the shop. "You good?" Angela asked, leaning back a bit. "Yeah, I'm good! I'll stay back a bit, though. Just in case it's a bug. I don't want Jack getting sick." I said, opening the window.
"Thanks, lucy," Angela said, smiling.

A call came over the radio. "7 Adam 100 We have a report of an ex breaking into the ex girlfriends house. She has a restraining order against him. History of Domestic." I picked up the radio. "7 Adam 100 Mark as responding send back up." I replied. "Back up 10 minutes out." The radio replied. "Were 5 minutes out heading there now backup can catch up," I said into the radio, then clicking it off.

We pulled over at the address and saw the front door swinging open. Me and Angela both reached for our guns and made our way down the side entrance of the house. "7 Adam 100 entering property." I reported. Angela signalled for me to take the right, and she would take the left.

We could hear crying upstairs. "Let me in you bitch!" A loud male voice shouted. He began kicking the door to a wardrobe. Angela said, "LAPD! stop where you are, sir!" Pointing her gun at him. He ran and hopped out of the window. "7 Adam 100 suspect is running persuing on foot." I reported. "7 Adam 100 back up is 3 minutes out." The radio  crackled. "Send backup upstairs to check on the victim," i reported clicking the radio off.

I quickly hopped out of the window after him, Angela following closely behind. I followed him into an alley way. Angela broke off to hopefully cut him off ahead. I could hear sirens. Backup, I would assume. The man came to a dead end. He turned around to face me.

He ran at me, and I did my best to fight back. He got a few punches in before I tried to tackle him. He ended up pinning me against a wall and trying to strangle me. I pushed his head up, and he let go but kneed me in the stomach.

I gasped for air. He kneed me again and I started to see black. A sharp stabbing pain surged through my lower abdomen. I could only reach for my pepper spray and sprayed him. He stumbled around blindly for a few seconds before falling over. I cuffed him, still feeling dizzy and not being able to see straight.

I looked aaeound confused seeing multiple of everything, there was even a hand poking out of a bin."7 Adam 100 Suspect in custody and i found a bod-" I said, then I felt my head hit the floor. "7 Adam 100 Officer Chen, what was that? Can you repeat, please?" I heard the radio crackle. "7 Adam 100 Officer Lucy Chen, do you copy? Officer Chen, do you copy? Report now!" Then everything went black.

Tim's pov:
"Aaron, you go make sure the girls ok. I'm going after the man!" I shouted as I ran towards the direction Chen and Lopez were last reported heading to. I heard Lopez over the radio. "Dispach and all units, this is 7 Adam 100 requesting RA officer Lucy Chen is down! and detectives there's a body. Now!" Lucy? I ran towards an alleyway. I saw her limp body lying on the floor. "Lucy?!" I shouted, running over to her.