Chapter 17 ~ Work Again

Lucys pov:
Three weeks later, I was cleared to go back to work. My shoulder had fully healed, and I felt mentally ready to hit the streets again.

I stood in the corridor outside of the rollcall room and took a deep breath. As much as I was ready to come back, I was dreading what was about to happen. I opened the door, and as soon as my foot stepped over the threshold, the officers in the room all stood up and clapped. I smiled appreciatively and practically ran to my seat.

"Welcome back, Officer Chen!" Grey said, smiling. "Thank you, sir," I said, smiling politely. "So, we had a jewellery shop robber on the lose. He wore a ninja turtle mask and had a broken leg. Despite this, Officer Nolan was still unable to catch him. When questioned about this, his response was,'I didn't want to make his leg worse by tackling him', so he let him get away with over £9000 worth of jewellery!" Grey said, rolling his eyes with a hint of mischievousness in his voice.

"Luckily, midnight shift did their jobs for once and caught him. To be honest, that's about the most useful thing they have done this year, and it's November for christ sake." Grey said with an annoyed expression. "That's it for today. Be safe out there!" He dismissed everyone.

I walked towards the door with everyone else when I heard Greys voice again. "Chen, Bradford, my office, please," He said, smiling.

I stood in Greys office whilst Tim waited outside. "Are you sure you ok to work again? The bruising on your stomachs ok now?" He asked, lowering his voice. I froze slightly before answering. "Yeah, the doctor said it shouldn't be a problem for work..." I replied, biting the inside of my cheek. "Ok. Also, before you go... I have to sign you up for 4 weeks councilling. It's mandatory... sorry. Can you send bradford in, please?" He asked with a small smile.

Tim's pov:
Lucy came out of Greys office with a hurt expression on her face. "He wants you," She whispered before, heading towards the locker rooms.

I went into Greys office, confused and sar down. "Can you look after her? Please? I know tamaras meant to be going away for a week with Dominique and other friends, and I don't want her to get lonely." He asked, leaning on his desk.

"I was planning on it," I said, smiling.

Angelas pov:
I opened my locker door and grabbed a hair tie. "These bloody hair ties are so flimsy," I muttered whilst trying to secure my bun. I heard a small snap and rolled my eyes. "Really?" I asked, annoyed. I went back over to my locker and heard a slight sniffle.

I walked over to the cubicles slowly and pushed the doors open. I got to the last door and saw a figure in a ball towards the back of the stall. "Lucy, are you ok?" I said, slidding down the wall to sit next to her.

"Yeah... I just didn't know how hard it would be to hear about it..." She sniffed. "Hear about what?" I asked, rubbing her back. "My baby... the baby I killed." She said, shaking. "No, no, no! Lucy, you didn't know! It wasn't your fault, " I reassured her. I glanced at her hands and saw they were shaking. "Stay here a second, ok?" I said, standing up.

I ran out of the locker rooms and saw Tim waiting outside. I quickly changed the sign on the door to cleaning in progress and grabbed his arm to pull him inside. "Angela?" He asked, confused. I dragged him over to where lucy was, and he immediately went to hug her. "Are you ok?" He whispered.

Thisrd person:
After 20 minutes of reassuring lucy, they headed to the shop

"Can we have the air-con on, please, Tim? It's boilinggg!" Lucy sighed. "No! You know the rules. No air-con until after lunch!" Tim said, chuckiling. "I hate you," Lucy said, crossing her arms. "We both know that's not true!" Tim said, slowing down for the red-light before leaning across to place a small kiss on her forehead.

"AWWWW, are you seeing this nyla!" A voice said through the radio. "Yes, I am Angela! They are so cute!" Nyla replied. Lucy rolled her eyes before picking up the receiver. "Are you two spying on us again? And did you forget to change channels again?" She said, smiling. "Uh maby?" Angela said with a giggle.

"God, I hate these new shop cameras! Anyone on patrol can access them, " Tim said, rolling his eyes. "Me too," Lucy said, giggling.

                             *********

After their shift ended, Lucy emerged from locker rooms. "Do you want to come over to mine tonight?" Lucy said, smirking slightly. "Uh, yes, of course!" Tim said, smiling.

Lucys pov:
As soon as we got in the door, Tim started kissing my neck. "Tim!" I said giggling. "What?" He groaned. "That tickles," I said, smiling. I pulled his head up so I could look into his blue eyes. "I love you, Lucy," Tim whispered. "I love you too," I whispered back before pulling his face towards mine and kissing him passionately. I felt his cool hands slide down my legs slightly.

Not breaking the kiss, Tim lifted me up and made his way towards my bedroom...