Chapter 14 ~ Telling Tamara

Lucys pov:
"What?" Tim asked, shocked. His jaw dropped. "We were gonna have a baby?" He asked, blinking rapidly. "We were." I whispered through tears. "Did you know?" He whispered, looking up at me with tears threatening to appear in his eyes. "No! God no! I wouldn't have taken a call like that if I knew... I mean, I noticed I gained weight a little, but not a lot. I should have known. I'm so sorry, Tim." I sobbed.

~flashback~
Lucys pov:
I walked over to the mirror. I turned to the side, I was in my civilian clothes and was about to leave for work. I ran my hand over my stomach. * Am I gaining weight?* I thought. It's probably all of the takeaways I've had recently. I left the bedroom.

"Tamara! Come here!" I shouted. "Yes?" Tamara asked, leaning against the wall. "Gave I gained weight?" I asked her, holding my stomach. "No, you look the same to me! Perfect as always!" Tamara said, walking towards the kitchen. "Aww, thanks, Tamara." I said, grabbing my bag and heading out of the door.

~end of flashback~

"Shhh, it's ok," Tim said, stroking my hair. "Can you get Tamara? She might be at college still, " I whispered, wincing as I still felt tender on my stomach when I moved. "Yeah, I'll go pick her up." Tim said, standing up and kissing my forehead. "You can tell Angela and Nyla to go home. Jack and Leah probably miss them." I said, calling after him. "Will do!" Tim said softly, closing the door.

About 2 minutes later, there was a small knock. "Come in," I groaned. Celena came dashing in through the door. "Hi?" I asked, confused. "I'm sorry we wanted to come see you, but the nurse said you had to ask for us, so I snuck past her," Celena said, rambling. "No, it's fine. What do you mean we?" I asked, sitting up. "Nolan, Aaron, Your mum and Your dad," Celena said, smiling. "My mum and dad?" I whispered, freezing. "Uh yeah, do you want me to go get them?" Celena asked, trying to be helpful. "No, it's ok. Tim will sort them." I muttered.

- At tamaras College -
Tamaras pov:
I got a text in the middle of class. I hoped it was an update on Lucy, so I checked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                               Timothy

- Get all your stuff together
I'm picking you up in five.

                         Ok, I'll meet you outside -

- See you in a minute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I raised my hand. "Sir, I need to leave," I said politely. "And why's that?" He asked, taking off his glasses. "Personal issues." I reply coldly. I hated this professor. He was so nosey. Mr Pale. "Well, without a reasonable excuse, I can not let you go miss Collins." He replied, looking back down at his desk.

"Oooooo," a bunch of the students said. "Listen here, Sir. I tried to be polite, but I've had enough. The closest person I have ever had to a mother is in hospital right now, she took me in off the street after both of my biological parents died in an accident and for all I know, she is still in a coma and could be heading the same way they are. So, with or without your permission, I am leaving this classroom to go see her." I said angrily, putting all of my stuff into my rucksack.

The class began to applaud. I went red with embarrassment. "Very interesting, Miss Collins. If you use that sort of emotion depth and language in your speeches, you may very well ace this course!" He said, standing up. "Thank you, sir," I mumbled.

Tim's pov:
I know I said I'd wait for Tamara outside, but she was taking ages. I opened the car door and headed to the main reception. "Hi, I'm here for Tamara Collins." I said politely. "What is your relation to the student?" The receptionist asked, not looking up from her computer. "Um, family." I replied a little unsure. I had only known Tamara for 4 months, and I didn't know how comfortable she was around me.

"Only parents can pick pupils up early." The receptionist said, tapping away her keyboard. I pulled out my phone and meassaged Tamara.

* If they ask, I'm your dad, ok? No questions asked.*
*copy that, "she replied with.

"I'm her dad, ok? And her mum is Lucy. At least one of us should be on the paperwork she handed in." I said impatiently. *tap tap tap* "What's yours and your partners full names." The receptionist replied bluntly. "Tim Bradford. Officer Tim Bradford and her mum are Lucy Chen. Officer Lucy Chen." I replied, irrated. "Take a seat," She said, still tapping away.

Tamaras pov:

A small knock was heard at the door. "Can I have Tamara Collins, please?" A small teacher said. I picked up my things and left. We arrived at the main reception and she asked. "Is this your dad, sweetie?" In a soft tone as she buzzed open the door. I ran up to him. I had to make it believable. "Dad! How's mum? Is she ok?" I asked, hugging him and whispered "sorry".

Tim's pov:

I saw Tamara on the other side of the door. She came running, thought. "Dad! How's mum? Is she ok?" Dhe asked a little panicked. She held her arms out and gave me a hug. I heard her whisper "sorry" before she pulled away. "She's awake! Do you want to come see her?" I asked. "Yes!" She replied, practically running out of the doors.

"Sorry about the hug thing," She mumbled when we got in the car. "God, you and Lucy are so alike! You both mumble so much, " I said, chuckiling. Suddenly, Tamara burst into tears. I pulled over. "Hey, hey, hey!" I said, trying to reassure her. "Come here," I said, pulling her into a hug. "I'm sorry," she sniffed. She pulled away. I began driving again.

"Tell me what's up," I said, not taking my eyes off the road. "You and Lucy have been the closest people I have had to a normal life with parents like everyone else since mine died. I can't lose her, Tim. She's done so much for me, and I haven't had a chance to thank her. I was going to give her adoption papers when she got home from work as a suprise. I wondered if she would sign them..." Tamara said, mumbling the last part.

"I'm sure she would love to sign them. She loves you, Tam. Alot. All she ever does is talk about how well you're doing in school and how much you've grown. She defends you all the time, and she loves you so so much. Dont ever forget that." I said, reassuring her. "There's something you should know, though. Lucy was pregnant. 3 months. She didn't know, but when that horrible, vile man hurt her, he killed the baby. Are baby. Your sibling..." I said close to tears.

Now it was tamaras turn to comfort me. I had only ever let lucy see me cry. I had only ever let lucy see me past my walls. I had only ever let lucy comfort me. As we pulled up to the hospital, I pulled myself together. I needed to. For lucy.