Author's Note

Hello! Welcome to The View Between Villages.

Stranger Things released a choose-your-own-adventure book called Heroes & Monsters and truthfully? I didn't love it. I thought, "I could write this better." So I did!

I also expanded the story. Part One, "Good Bones," takes place in Season 3 and Part Two, (Title TBA), takes place in Season 4.

I had a blast writing this and I really, really hope you enjoy it. There will be a part 2 that takes place in season 4. The choices you make in this part can directly affect your story in part 2, but you can of course go back and make new choices.

You can read the story more than once! There are about ten potential stories. However, some of the options converge, so if you try to do all the possible choices you will read some of the same scenes more than once. The final scene is also the same every time, just a heads-up. I had to do it that way to set it up for part 2.

If you'd prefer to read this in a different way—with hyperlinks to get from section to section—you can also check it out here: https://3c7rwbjn.play.borogove.io

Warnings: Language, grief, depression, thoughts about death/dying, death of a parent, mentions of fire, burns, canon-typical violence and peril, angst with a (somewhat) happy ending. This is a Steve Harrington x Reader fic, but it's pretty light on romance. 

TAGS: dash-of-clarity and xonceuponatimex! Thank you for your interest in this fic. I hope you enjoy!

Without further ado, let's get into it!