PAGE 25: Let Steve continue playing whack-a-mole

You stay back, allowing Steve to keep hitting the tarp with his makeshift weapon. Suddenly, an explosion of motion sends him careening backward. You watch in horror as a man with wild hair shoves him against the back wall, a broken glass bottle pointed at Steve's throat.

"Wait!" you beg. "Don't hurt him! Please!"

You start to step closer, but the bottle gets inched closer to Steve's skin. He grimaces, fear in his eyes, and you let out a gasp of fear.

Dustin begs the mystery man—Eddie, he calls him—to let Steve go. Dustin introduces everyone and explains that you are all here to help him.

Eddie doesn't seem to believe it, but he steps back and lets Steve go. Steve practically crumples, hands on his knees. He stumbles to the back of the group and sinks onto an upside-down box. You kneel next to him, placing both hands on his knees gently.

"Are you okay?" you murmur. "Sorry, that was a stupid question."

"I'm fine," Steve wheezes as Dustin goads Eddie into talking about what he's experienced. Steve rubs his neck. "I'm okay...but a kiss would help."

You scoff good-naturedly.

"You know I don't like PDA," you say. "But, just this once..."

You give him a quick peck on the lips, so lightning-fast you barely feel it.

"Better?" you ask.

"No, I think I need one more..."

"Could you two focus?!" Dustin snaps. "Go on, Eddie. Tell us what you saw."

FOR WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE BOATHOUSE, GO TO PAGE 26.