PAGE 44: After your odd nightmares

The doctors don't find anything wrong with you. They just tell you to schedule an appointment with your primary care physician to discuss your recent bouts of insomnia.

Despite Steve wishing you'd take the day off of work, you go anyway. However, your shift at Melvald's takes a turn for the worse when the radio station that the store plays music from is interrupted with a breaking news report—a Hawkins High student has been murdered.

You quickly rush to the back room to call Family Video. You want to make sure that the victim wasn't any of your and Steve's friends. However, the line is busy each time you try to call.

Your boss lets you leave early when you tell him you aren't feeling well. You drive—somewhat sporadically—over to the Family Video, parking in two spots by accident.

You rush into the store and find Steve, Dustin, Max, and Robin hovered around the counter. Steve turns and looks happy, but surprised, to see you.

"Hey babe, is everything okay?" he asks, brow furrowed.

"I heard the news," you say, breathless. "Do you guys know who died?"

"A cheerleader," Robin says, "named Chrissy Cunningham."

You don't know Chrissy personally, but you think she may have come into Waldenbooks once or twice last summer. The fact that she's dead is shocking.

It turns out, your friends have a plan. They want to talk to Eddie Munson, because his trailer is where Chrissy's body was found, and Max saw him running out of his trailer last night. They think he may have seen something from the Upside Down kill Chrissy.

You feel sick to your stomach. Steve must be able to tell, because he says, "You shouldn't come."

"What?!" you say. "No, I—I want to come. I want to talk to Eddie about what he saw. We're all a team, right?"

"We are," Steve says gently, "but you've been going through enough. You should just go home and rest. We'll handle it all, okay?"

WHAT DO YOU DO?

A. LISTEN TO STEVE AND GO HOME TO REST - go to page 45

B. GO ALONG WITH THEM ANYWAY - go to page 46