PAGE 29: Max is cursed

The following morning, Robin and Nancy head to Pennhurst Asylum to talk to Victor Creel and hopefully figure out how he survived Vecna's curse. Based on when Chrissy and Fred's symptoms started and when they died, today could be Max's last day.

She sits at the desk in the corner of the Wheeler's basement and writes something, but you aren't sure exactly what.

While she works, you, Dustin, Lucas, and Steve try to figure out things about Victor Creel and Vecna. Dustin is smug in thinking that everything about the Upside Down is very straightforward, and you can't help but roll your eyes.

Eventually, Max stands and hands out her letters to you all.

"Don't read them yet, okay?" she says. "Save them. For after."

"After..." Dustin prompts.

"After I'm gone."

"Max," Lucas says, voice breaking. "Things will work out."

"People have been telling me my whole life that things will work out," Max snaps. "And it's never true."

You try to think of something encouraging to say, but before you can, Max asks if your walkie-talkies reach Pennhurst from the other side of town. She wants to go to the trailer park to drop a letter off for her mom, and then she wants to go to the graveyard. You have a suspicion as to why.

She storms out of the house with Steve, you, Dustin, and Lucas on her heels.

Steve is adamant that you all should stay put. Max snarks that she'll hire a really good lawyer and sue Steve for holding her hostage if he doesn't take her where she wants to go.

Steve gives you a "Help me out here" look.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

A. AGREE TO GO - go to page 30

B. DON'T LET HER GO - go to page 31