PAGE 60: A HAPPY-ISH END

Vecna is still haunting you.

You can sense him lurking in the shadows of your subconscious, preying on your insecurities. You don't know how he's still alive—Max, Robin, and Nancy gave him hell—but he is. Vecna's presence in your mind seems weaker, but you still keep your Walkman playing all the time just in case.

The gates Vecna opened when he killed Chrissy, Fred, and Patrick are sealed up once more, and since he didn't kill you, there was no fourth gate. No monster attacks, like Nancy saw in her nightmarish vision. But you know that if you let your guard down, Vecna could attack you again.

Right now, you and Steve are headed to Hopper's cabin. It turns out, the former Chief is still alive. You're meeting your friends to make a game plan on how to get back into the Upside Down and take another shot at killing Vecna.

"You feeling okay?" Steve asks, glancing at your arm cast you from his spot in the driver's seat.

"Yeah," you say. "I think I'm getting tired of The Kinks, though. I might need to hear your rendition again."

He chuckles and shakes his head, but quietly hums the song. You beam.

Truthfully, you're terrified. You know you're still vulnerable to attack. But as Steve parks by the cabin, you see your friends gathered in the front yard. A weight is lifted off your shoulders. As scary as this is, you aren't alone. There's a whole mini-army of people who are willing to help you and help Hawkins (and the world) by stopping Vecna once and for all.

You lost your dad last year, but in a strange way, you found a new kind of family.

"Ready?" Steve asks, switching off the ignition.

"Yep. Ready."

You follow him out of the BMW and join the others, optimistic that you can finally end this, once and for all. 

THE END...FOR NOW.

HEAD BACK TO PAGE 20 TO RESTART PART 2.

HEAD BACK TO PAGE 1 TO START FROM THE BEGINNING.