New begginings

Adeline's POV
        "So, you got a name little one? " The man asked me. I didn't really want to talk to him, but he seemed nice enough to help me. "I'm Adeline, but I like to be called Addie" I smile a little bit. Maybe he could keep me safe from my mommy and daddy! "Hmmm well it's very nice to meet you Addie. My name is Andrew, but I like to be called Drew" Drew. I think I like Drew. I smiled a little at him, clinging onto him, scared for him to put me down. His muscles made it easy for me to feel safe and protected when I was in his arms. It seems like he could tell, because he shifted me over to his left side and stroked my hair. "This is my house" I looked up at the house. I noticed it was in the same neighborhood, but it was a few doors down from my house. I didn't know we had neighbors! This is gonna be so cool!

Drew's POV
      Grabbing my keys, I unlocked the door and shut it behind me " I'm home babe! " I called out. I know Kaitlyn would want to know what a child was doing in the house. I look down at the girl in my arms, who was still looking around the house. "Let's get some food in you ok? " Addie smiles softly and nods. "Okie mister Drew" a smile spread across my face at her cute voice. "Hey babe-" Kaitlyn started, cutting herself short when she noticed Addie. "I'll explain in a little bit" I whispered to her as I went to her and kissed her head. "Addie, this is Kaitlyn my wife. She won't hurt you, she's here to help as well"  I looked at Kaitlyn. She knew what I was trying to say, so she played along."hey darling" she smiles softly at Addie before coming over to me. "I'll cook, you go find her some clothes. This is the girl from down the street. I suspected there was something wrong a long time ago" she whispered before kissing my cheek. I nod and make my way upstairs. I took some time to process what she said. 'She suspected something was wrong...how long has this been happening? And why didn't she say anything to... Anyone?' I thought to myself. I picked out one of my shirts for her to sleep in. 'I guess I gotta go clothes shopping "

Kaitlyn's POV
      This was Calvin and Ruby's child. I used to work out with the pair. I never knew they had a kid until I was invited to their house. I guess they were hiding her in her room while we were having dinner. I only know about her because she talked to me while I was upstairs going to use the bathroom. She looked scared as she whispered to me. I'm happy that my husband brought her to our home. I want to get to the bottom of what was happening in that house. "Here you go baby" I finished cooking, and handed Adeline a plate of eggs and bacon. It wasn't much, but it would get her filled up for the night. "Thank you miss" she whispers, starting to eat. I smiled softly before going up to talk to Drew. "Andrew- we gotta find out exactly what happened in that house" I looked up at him as I got into our shared room. "How long did you know about this? " Andrew asks, surprisingly calm. "Only a few weeks. I hung out with them frequently while you were on the road, but I guess they always hid her in her room when I came over. I only knew about her because she approached me while I was away from her parents." Drew started to think. I knew that look in his eyes. He was angry. He wasnt just angry... He was concerned and angry. "Let's just focus on giving her what she deserves." He says, grabbing the shirt. "We'll discuss what to do with her and her parents once we put her to bed." He emphasised the word 'parents' as I knew exactly what he wanted to do to the parents. "Babe... Don't get in trouble" I reminded him. He sighs "fine." He groans before going downstairs. It warmed my heart to see him with her as I went downstairs. He sat with her at the table, making sure she ate and drank and that she felt comfortable. He would make an amazing father one day...maybe we should adopt her.