A day with Uncle Knight

Addie's POV

"WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP!! " I yelled as I jumped up and down on uncle Knights bed. Today daddy told me I could spend a day with each of my uncles before they went to work. We stopped in an unfamiliar place, but I knew we were going to have fun. "Alright buttercup, I'm up" he grumbled and sat up slowly. I giggled softly and sat in his lap. "You excited to hang out aren't you? " he ruffled my hair softly. Uncle Knights arms are HUGE, but he's surprisingly gentle to the touch just like my daddy. I like that about him and daddy. "Let's get you ready then shall we? But first we gotta wake up your dad and Nick" I nod and we plan to wake the two up.

Drew's POV

"shhhh shhh!" I heard someone at the door. "Go jump on his back." I heard Shaun whisper. I cracked a small smile, pretending to still be asleep. After a few seconds, I feel two tiny feet on my back. "WAKE UP DADDY WAKE UP DADDYYY!! " I take the opportunity when she sits on my back, to turn around quickly and catch her in my arms. She squealed and hugged me. "What is Shaun putting you up to you little bugger" I kiss her head softly. "He told me to wake you and uncle Dolph up daddy" I nod and sit up "go wake him up and bring me your hair bag." She nods and runs out of the room with Shaun. Christ, he's got that girl wrapped around his finger.

Nick's POV

"Muah! " I get waken up by a small kiss to the cheek and small hands pushing on my chest. "Mmm..." I open my eyes and look down, seeing Addie sitting on my chest. "Well aren't you so sweet" I yawn before sitting up. "Wakey wakey uncle Dolph" she says sweetly. God, she's so cute. "Let me get myself together ok darling? This hair isn't gonna take itself now is it? " I kiss her cheek before she ran back to. Shaun. I sigh and get up, going to the bathroom to get myself ready.

Drew's POV

"I found them daddyyy!!! " Addie comes running into the room, Shaun trailing her with an outfit for her. "Good, come sit love. " she gives me the bag and sits on the floor. She lets me put her hair into a high ponytail before she brushed her teeth. Shaun helped her out with her clothes. "Go get your shoes on yea? I'll be out in a minute, uncle Dolph should be in the living space." She nods and skips out of the room.

Shaun's POV

"I need to talk to ya buddy." Drew's sighs, loosing his happy demeanor. I sit on the bunk "what's up? You seem a bit off" Drew pulls his computer out and shows me an email, to which I read out loud. "You can't be fucking serious right? Her parents are trying to get custody back? " Drew nods in frustration, combing his hands through his hair. "They're supposed to be in jail- how the hell did they get out? " he mumbles to himself. "I'll make sure she's safe. You know that" I whisper. "They'll probably be looking for any sign of her... But I promised her the day out. I don't want to break her heart. " Drew nods. "It's fine, you can take her." I furrowed my eyebrows. I didn't want to let my old friend down. "By any circumstances, do NOT tell her about this. She's already been through enough abuse, I don't want her worrying. Her mental health is getting better" I nod and pat his back. "Call me if anything is found out ok? " he nod "have fun. Call me if something happens" I nod again before going out, where Nick and Addie and playing. "There he is" nick points over to me. "UNCLE KNIGHT! " she runs and hugs me. "Mmm such big hugs!!! Ready to go buttercup? " she nods and shows me her shoes. "Thanks Nick" I Pat his back. "Go upstairs and give Drew some company, he needs it" I whisper to him before being dragged out by Addie. "Addie, I need you to stay right next to me and hold my hand while we're walking ok?" She nods and grabs my hand in hers and grabs my pant leg as we walk to a carnival. "Have you ever been to a carnival before? " she shakes her head "what is a carnival? Is it fun? " I pretended to be shocked. "It's the most fun you could ever have!! There's rides, food, games, all sorts of stuff. I even rid a horse at one before." She gasped as her eyes lit up. I smile softly at her. A kid like her doesn't deserve the abuse she had. "How about we start you off on a slow ride.... Maybe teacups? " she started to jump a bit, a smile on her face. "Yea yea yea!! I wanna ride! You ride too? " I chuckled softly and nodded "of course I will. If you ride, I'll ride."
✧༺♥༻✧✧༺♥༻✧
Addie sings excitedly as we got off the teacups. She had a ball. "What's next uncle Knight?! " she looks up at me, arms raised. I picked her up and looked around. "Hmmm how about...roller coaster? You think you want to try that? " she looks up at me and nods. "It's gonna be a little fast though ok? Do you trust me? " she looks at me nervously, but nods. "I won't let you get hurt I promise" I ruffle her hair softly and walk over to the coaster.

Addie's POV

After the roller coaster, we played lots and lots of games. Uncle Knight even won me a teddy!!! I love him so much. I'm gonna name him Drew, like my daddy. "I think....im all out of fun buttercup" he huffs. I giggle softly as we walk out of the carnival and back to the bus. When we got in, Uncle Knight started to cook dinner. I went to take Drew Bear to my room, but when I got there I heard sniffling. I furrowed my eye brows but went inside to see daddys head in his hands. "Daddy? " I whisper putting Drew Bear down. "H-hey, hey baby" he tried to straighten up., wiping his eyes. "How was the carnival? Did you have fun? " he asked. I snuggled into his lap and hugged him. I knew that's what he needed. Cause that's what I need. A hug. "Nobodys takin' you from me doll... Nobody.. " he whispers, holding me close. "I don't wanna leave you daddy" I whisper. "Daddy? Whats happening? Am I in trouble? " I look up at him. "No, no no no baby, you'll be fine my love. You'll be perfectly fine. Your gonna stay with daddy and- and your gonna grow up and live a happy life" I cupped his cheeks, making him look at me. I saw fear and concern in his eyes for the first time since he adopted me. He rubbed my back and put his head against my shoulder. "Thanks darlin'. I needed that" he kisses my cheek. "I gotta get ready for work ok? Your gonna stay backstage with uncle Knight since uncle Dolph has to work too alright? " I nod and smile. " I love you daddy" I kiss his cheek. "I love ya too darlin'. I'll always love ya" he smiles and puts me down to go find uncle Knight.