compition part 2

That night befor the comp...

Jake was walking home after school to get ready for their competition and to say he was a nervous wreck. Jake walked into the door to be greeted by his mom forcing Milo to wear a bow tie.

“Mom! I don't need to look that nice, I'm going to be overdressed!” Milo complained to his mom.

“Milo hunny you need to look nice for your brother's performance!” Jake's mom said to her youngest son.

Jake laughed and shut the door hanging his bag on their coat hanger.

“Mom it's fine, let him wear what he wants, it's not like it's prom night.” Jake said to his mother before walking upstairs and getting into the outfit he wanted to wear on stage.

Jake looked in the mirror at himself wearing the outfit he took out his earrings and put new ones in that matched better. He set his old pair on his desk and began styling his hair. (imagine him in whatever outfit you think he'd be on stage with.)

Once he was finished with the last couple of accessories he walked back downstairs and drove him and his little brother to the stage where he dropped his little brother off in the line to get tickets for the concert.

“Good luck jake! I hope you guys win!” Milo smiled at his brother.

Jake smiled back. “I'll try, bud don't you worry.”

Jake walked to the behind area of the stage and sat next to the music club who seemed to be looking at the other schools. Some seemed bigger and others were smaller.

“We got this guys.” Haily said through her nervous sounding voice.

“Hailys right, guys. We can do this!” Sean said more confidently.

Seans energy seemed to brighten up the mood leaving everyone to smile.

Luke and Zander were sitting on the floor against the wall talking about the competition and hypeing each other up.  Haily was oddly looking at Jake and whenever he would look back she would quickly look away.

Jake wrinkled his eyebrows in confusion but before he could open his mouth to speak they were called up onto stage.

He walked up by himself for the first song while haily grabbed a guitar.
Sean got ready to play the soundtrack while Luke got ready for the drums. Zander got behind his piano and milly grabbed her electric guitar.

Sean began to play his music As everyone started playing their instruments for the opening part.

When Jake's part came to sing he took a quick breath and began with his first line of words.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa Whoa, whoa” Jake sang out along with the beat.

Meanwhile with Drew in the crowd…

Drew's eyes widened at the sound of Jake's voice. He never thought someone could have sounded so beautiful without autotune. Drew continued watching in shock, loving the sound of Jake's voice. 

Holy shit he's good… I wasn't expecting him to sing a love song, let alone sound good while doing so.  Drew thought to himself. He smiled watching Jake play.

His heart began to speed up as he watched him more. He was speechless. His heart was beating so fast as he was trying to understand this almost familiar feeling. He had felt it before both around Jake and Zoey but never this strong.

“Dude what's wrong with him.” Henry asked Liam ponting to Drew.
“Oh honey. He is just having a gay awakening let him figure this out.”  Liam said, turning back to the show seeing that Jake was on the second song seeing Haley sing next to him.

Drew just continued to look at Jake from in the crowd. Eventually the second song was over and the group cheered alongside the people on stage.

The judges looked at each other and nodded.

‘The winners are rosemeado high!”  The judges exclaimed

Everyone cheered. Then Drew stopped cheering and ran out. Henry d liam looked confused before turning their heads and seeing..

Haily pulled Jake in and kissed him.

“What the hell?!?”