Trainride

A/N: Y/n is older than Regulus, Pandora, Barty Evan and Avery by one year, so there in 5th year while she's in 6th! These chapters are shorter because I'm at school but I will try to come up with longer ones!

As I sat next to Pandora, she greeted me with an smile. I smiled back. The train got off and Barty closed the compartment door. Regulus suddenly asked:

"So how was your summer Y/n?"

I wanted to say horrible, I don't think it could have been more bad. Because I am an pureblood, my parents insisted I would marry an acquaintance at school, they particularly insisted I would marry Regulus Black, tho I love him, I don't in that way.

"Could have been better." I answered simply. "How about you?"

I could have sworn I saw an glimpse of sadness in his eyes-

"Uh- same thing"

We changed the subject, and Pandora was happy to tell us an new spell she's been working on over the summer. Barty asked me if the O.W.L.S were hard in 5th year, to wich i responded with an maybe, just to scare him off.

Suddenly we heard an loud crash in the back, outside of our compartment.

"Thats 5 galleons Black!" Evan said.

Pandora and I looked at them confused as Regulus handed Barty the money.

"We made an bet if my brother and his friends would cause an mess within 5 minutes of the trainride."

"He said they'd cause it within 20 minutes, he lost!" Evan laughed.

Regulus elbowed him pissed off as the others giggled, including me.

"You all are the worst" he said, even though he was chuckling aswell.

I looked at my watch then at my perfect badge, then at Regulus.

"So with sho are you going to patrol Y/n?" Regulus asked me

"Oh uh- I haven't really checked" I said, an bit embarrassed that my underclassment was more responsible than me.

"Well you should really check, good luck not being put in with an Gryffindor!"

"Thanks I am going to need it!" I said before exiting the compartment, glancing amused the last time at Avery sleeping on half of the chair while Barty looks at him annoyed.

I got lost yet again in my thoughts before bumping into someone with the perfect badge, mumbled an apology before they said my name.

"Y/n! Hey! I was acctually searching for you!" Lily said

"Oh- hello Lily- why?"

Unfortunately, my luck wasn't the best.

"Well, we are going to be partners in patroling the halls! Lily said, with an heartwarming smile on her face.

"Oh- cool" I said giving an awkward smile. "Well I guess I don't have to adventure in the train for 20 minutes!" I said before giving her an wave as she smiled my way.

I went back to the compartment and Regulus asked me an question that I did not hear, and I decided I preferred it that way.

The trainride was, boring, to say the least, aside from the "Marauders" (that's what James Potter, Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew and Remus Lupin referred themselves as) nothing exciting happened.

At last the train stopped and I saw Hagrid guiding the first years off the train. We hopped on the carriage as it began moving, my friends talking about their O.W.L.S. as I watched first years travel on the boats.