"You don't Have that much of an choice."

5 November, Friday

Y/n was sitting in the courtyard, petting her pet cat, Felix while reading an book.

She was interupeted from her reading as an figure sat beside her, glancing at the cat from her lap.

"What's his name?" Sirius asked, looking over at the animal.

Y/n rose an eyebrow, chucking. "I tought you didn't like cats...?" She asked, looking over at him.

"Well, I don't, but I still want to know!"

Y/n rolled her eyes, but she smiled.

I've never seen her smile... Sirius thought. Her smile is pretty...

"His name is Felix." She answered, stroking the fur of her cat, dragging Sirius out of his internal monologue.

"Oh ... Nice name..." Sirius answered still in his thoughts.

Y/n chuckled, waving her hand in front of him. "Hey Black?, Hey! Give that back!" She said while Sirius stole for the third time her snake ring.

"You really like that ring, don't you?" She continues, petting her cat.

"Wha- no!" Sirius rolled his eyes, smirking. "I just like messing with you, its fun."

Y/n crossed her arms. "Then why are you taking the same ring, everytime, even in your dog form."

Sirius' eyes widened slightly at the mention of that. "Its just the least stable." He answered, glad he found an lie.

"Why did you come to me in the courtyard that afternoon?" She asked.

"I was just bored." He answered. "If we're asking this type of questions then, what were you doing in the dark forest On. An. Full. Moon.?" He asked, changing the subject.

"I'm one of scariest creatures besides the giant spiders and demons, plus it makes me calm down."

"Gosh you're stupid." He mumbled.

"What was that?" She rose an eyebrow.

"Well you could've gotten hurt!" Sirius answered, his voice louder than he intended, causing Y/n's eyes to widen and her cat to flinch.
"Sorry..." He spoke, his gaze down at the pavement.

"It's- fine, and I'm sorry, I shouldn't have snooped around, it's not my secret...If there's anyway I can make  it up to you-"

Might as well go for it...He thought.

Sirius smirked. "Fine, let me take you to the Yule Ball this year." He smirked.

Y/n gasped. "I- can't-"

He looked over at her. "Are you already going with my brother?" His eyes darkened.

"No- he's going with some Slytherin girl." Y/n answered.

"Then let me take you." He said, putting the silver ring on her finger.

Y/n's cheeks warmed up, glancing at him, his stormy eyes looking into her e/c ones.

She sighed, realising an possibility. "Is this an... Dare?" She rose her eyebrow, her smile fading.

Sirius' eyes widened as he opened his mouth slightly. "Do you really think of me that way...?" Sirius asked, blinking an few times.

She rose her eyebrow and crossed her arms. "I mean- you are the player of all Hogwarts." Y/n answered.

"I promise it isn't an dare." He said, his tone reasonably darker.

"SIRIUS COME WE NEED TO GET THERE BEFORE CURFEW!" James was heard from the distance.

"You should go." Y/n smiled. "And Black, I'll think of your offer, to take me to the Yule Ball."

"You don't really have much of an choice, love." He said, smirking, reaching his hand to pet Felix's head. "I'll see you tomorrow at the library, yeah?"

Y/n nodded. "Just don't get in trouble until then." She chuckled.

"No promises." He winked before running towards where James, Remus and Peter were being able to be heard.