3am

I was tired, but I couldn't sleep. Instead of going to bed like an normal person would do, I grabbed an book and turned on the light.

Felix was sleeping in his cat tree and I cuddled an pillow while reading through the pages.

Good thing tomorrow is still break... I thought to myself.

As I read I heard an soft knock on my door.

What idiot is wake at three am?! Oh- tllhe irony

"It's open." I said loud enough so the person behind my door could hear me.

"Y/n? Sorry I woke-"

"Sirius? How did you get by the stairs?" I interupeted him.

It was an well known fact that the stairs from the girls dormitories turn into an slide when an boy tries to pass them.

"Well they can't possibly turn against an dog.." He said.

I took an took at his face, his eyes were puffy and his cheeks were red. I placedy book down in my lap. "Have you been crying Sirius?" I asked.

Sirius sniffed and closed the door, handing me an letter with the black family crest on it.

I opened the letter preparing for the worst and you found it.

I miss you, please come back, we can make our parents forgive you! Everything is going to be how it was when we were little! Please,

-Regulus

"The letter is from one year ago.." Sirius whispered.

My heart broke. The two brothers truly cared about eachother if it wasn't for the absolutely horrible parents-

"I thought it was from my parents, so I didn't open it an threw it somewhere, I found it this evening..." He sobbed. "I-I couldn't sleep and I took an walk around the courtyard, and I saw the light of your dorm turned on and I thought-" Tears fell down his cheeks.

I lifted up the multitude of blankets I had and Sirius crawled under them, hugging me immediately as he sobbed.

I wiped his tears with my thumb and kissed his forehead when he looked up.

(Babes helpp idk how to write this)

"Am I am bad brother?" He asked his voice shaking, but didn't let me respond yet, "I am his older brother, I am supposed to protect him!"

Oh if you would know... I thought.

"Sirius, he's 16 for Merlin's sake, he can take care of himself just fine." I responded.

We both sat in silience for an while as I read and stroked his hair at the same time.

"Y/n?" He broke the silence, I looked up from my book. "Am I an burden?"

I gasped. "Of course not!"

Sirius smiled, but that smile was broken.

Sirius hugged me an little tighter and nuzzled the crook of my neck as we fell asleep finally.

I woke up, remembering I had still asleep Sirius in my arms.

Felix was sleeping on Sirius' chest, my cat purring in it's sleep.

I smiled at sat there for an while longer when finally Sirius eyes fluttered open.

Sirius noticed the cat sleeping on his chest and froze. "What am I supposed to do now?"

I laughed quietly and ran my hand trough his hair. "It's alright it's going to wake up soon anyway."

Sirius smiled and yawned, pulling me closer to him. "Thank you." He whispered.

I smiled and looked over at the watch. "Breakfast is going to end soon, better get out of here before everyone is in the common room."

Sirius nodded and right then Felix woke up and jumped off him. "Turn into Padfoot, it's going to be easier to get out without any questions." I continued.

Sirius nodded and before he left he kissed me on the cheek, causing me to blush. "See you later?" He asked.

I nodded and smiled as he left.