꧁ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 1꧂

I walked with my head held high as I knew cameras were watching my every move

I walked with my head held high as I knew cameras were watching my every move. Even if I was nervous that didn't mean I wanted the world to see. I keep a straight face as I took in my surroundings. The nature, the smell of leaves and nectar from the flowers near me. I took it all in as I continued down the path. I mentally rolled my eyes as the walk was getting tiring when a large building comes into view in the distance.

So this is Iland? I guess it's sort of what I imagined.

I come face to face with a large door. There doesn't seem to be a handle so I guess I just wait. Soon enough the door opens on its own and remembering to straighten my posture, I walk down the path as confidently as I could and hear muffled voices.

Walking into the room I step onto the platform in front of me and observe the twenty-three contestants bowing slightly in respect. I hold a straight face as I hear some of them whispering about me.

Well, if it wasn't gonna be now it would've been later, so better get it out the way.

When the platform stops I look to my left and see a familiar face.

Lee Heeseung.

Of course, he would be here. Well, he's for sure gonna debut.

I sit next to Heeseung and put my bag down as I turn to him.

"Why didn't you tell me you were joining this program?" I fiddle with my ring as I ask him this when I see someone looking at us. I have to say it was quite uncomfortable.

"That's your question?" He says chuckling after he hugs me.

A boy next to him that was looking at us raised an eyebrow and put out his hand.

"Hi I'm Jay nice to meet you, and this is Park Sunghoon," he says smiling and shaking my hand.

"Yeonjin. Lee Yeonjin" I say letting his hand go, diverting my attention to the boy next to him. As my eyes skim over his face I take in his features.

"I've heard a great deal about you, Yeonjin-ah," he says smiling playfully. I felt myself slightly smiling at his silliness. Even if it was barely a smile he seemed satisfied.

Suddenly a loud siren goes off around the building shocking me. It may not look like it but I'm sure if you zoomed in on me you could see how I rapidly blinked for a good three seconds.

It explains how we have to evaluate each other and choose who gets to stay in i-land. I-lands capacity being only thirteen.

Ouch.

Ok, well looks like I'll have to vote mercilessly then.

I sigh exasperated already as the creepy guy talking says we choose who goes when. When he stops talking a bunch of units go up to try and go first. I rest my elbows on my legs as I watch the first performance.

He was good, you'd be an idiot if you didn't see that.

But He was also really stiff, you could tell that he was nervous.

Later as the fourth unit ended I raised my hand and everyone looks at me startled. I chuckle nervously and stand up.

"I would like to go next," I say as I make my way to the stage. The staff helps me with my mic and I adjust it one more time before getting into my position as the song starts.

(𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑡𝑠 𝑎 𝑏𝑜𝑦 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑎𝑑 𝑜𝑏𝑣𝑖𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑙𝑦😭)

The song continues and I make sure my facial expressions are steady while I sing and that my dance moves are sharp.

The song ends and as I walk back to the center of the stage that creepy voice goes off again. I don't know if it's someone's actual voice, but if it's not they need to get that shit changed.

I look down as the voice asks if I deserve to stay in iland or not.

Maybe it'll take the pressure off everyone if I'm not looking when they vote, who knows? The voice speaks again.

Lee Yeonjin is...

IN.

I let go of a breath I didn't even know I was holding and looked up again making eye contact with Heeseung as he gives me a thumbs-up.

I make my way back to my seat and look at my feet.

"At least I'll be able to talk to one person here without being judged," I say in English not knowing someone heard and knew exactly what I said.

𝑇𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑢𝑒𝑑...

✫彡

✫彡

✫彡

✫彡

𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚙 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝. 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚒𝚏 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚝 𝚒 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚝 𝟹:𝟶𝟶 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚊𝚌 𝚒 𝚊𝚖✌️. 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚜𝚞𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚖 𝚖𝚎. 𝚍𝚘𝚗,𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚜𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚎👀 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞.

ᴜɴᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ

ᴡᴏʀᴅs/826