Chapter 3

I gather my things and bolt out of the door. Thankfully I don't have my next class with Tyler. I can look forward to seeing Pine and ditching class.
I push through to get to the locker room. I open the door and quickly open my locker. Yoga pants fall out and I replace my jeans with those. I slip my shirt over my head and replace it with a tank top. Technically this is PE but since Pine has the same hour we just sneak off to the bleachers. I wave at the PE teacher before storming out of the locker room. I rush off to the football field and when I see Pine I run to him.
I just need an escape for 40 minutes. He wraps me in a hug and I grasp onto the fabric of his shirt. I kiss him lightly before we let go of each other. Pine holds onto my hand as we progress to under the bleachers. He opens the gate that leads under them and we crawl over mats to get to our corner. No one can see us and no one goes under here anyways.
"What's on your mind?" Pine asks me after we settle into a plush mat. I shrug and look away from him. If I told him anything all that would result from it is Tyler with a black eye. I may consider that option later today if I'm still mad.
"It's nothing," I mutter and I feel Pine place a hand on the side of my face. He makes me look him in the eyes and for a second his green eyes look brown. I place my hand on his and we sit there in comfortable silence.
"You can tell me anything," Pine says and intertwines our fingers.
"I can't tell you this."
"What is it?"
"It's just my parents..." I don't know why I'm lying to Pine but it feels better than saying it is Tyler. Why do I have the urge to protect that stupid kid? He basically told me to leave this school or kill myself today.
"Sorry," Pine mutters and kisses my forehead. He absentmindedly rubs my back and I curl into his lap. Pine leaves kisses across my jawline before gently placing his lips on mine. I immediately kiss him back and his hands move down to my waist. I smile into the kiss and place my hands on the side of his face. Eventually we get tired of kissing each other and I'm resting my head on his shoulder. Pine seems to have a way of distracting me and making me forget things but sadly he only does this physically. He seems to have always struggled with connecting emotionally and verbally with me. I check the time and realize that the bell is going to ring in a minute or two. I get up from my place on Pine and he gets up too. He places a kiss on my cheek before we part ways to the separate locker rooms.
I push through random groups of girls to change back into my clothes from earlier. The bell rings right when I finish changing and I walk out of the locker room with my bag. Thankfully it's the end of the day but that just means going home to an empty house. Maybe I could invite Josh over...
I pull my phone from my bag and go through my contact. I tap on Josh's name and call him. The phone rings a few times before he finally answers.
"Hey will you come home with me today?" I ask him.
"Sure. I'll meet you at the bus stop," Josh says before abruptly hanging up on me. I slide my phone into my back pocket and walk out to the familiar blue bus stop. Sadly Tyler goes on the same city bus as I do and he's already sitting there. He has a basketball tucked under his arm and his headphones are in both of his ears. I stand away from him and wait for Josh to show up. I finally spot the blue hair and he walks up to the side of me. He speculates Tyler sitting on the bench before the bus finally pulls up. It lets out exhaust as it stops and Tyler gets up and practically runs onto it. Josh and I walk onto the bus and sit as far from Tyler as possible.
"What happened with you and Tyler today?" Josh suddenly whispers and I look at Josh.
"Why are you asking?" I retort and Josh scrunches his eyebrows together.
"Well first off because you invite me over. You only invite me over when you either broke up with someone or your parents are coming home. I can only assume something bad happened today," Josh explains and I see his point. I do have that kind of pattern with him.
"Yeah actually something did happen. Tyler pretty much told me to kill myself," I mutter and hope Josh heard me. Josh's face turns red and he whips his head around to the boy in the back.
"Seriously? What the hell is wrong with him," Josh attempts to keep his voice down so it sounds more like a strained whisper.
"It's nothing Joshua. We'll talk about it over some drinks at my house alright?" I urge him and Josh exhales loudly.
"Okay Alice," Josh sighs and cradles his head in his hands. The bus finally slows to a stop and Josh and I get up from our seats. We walk off and onto the sidewalk. I hear Tyler behind us and I try my best not to turn around and flip him off. Thankfully we get to my house before I do something irrational and I open the door for Josh.
"So what about those drinks?" Josh asks me and I laugh as I close the door.//hello I'm back with this I kind of forgot it existed sorry *sigh* but I'll be updating this regularly since I have half of it already written up