Visitors

I pushed Nestadion aside to look.

Entering the camp was a group of elves on horseback, but they didn't look like they were from Rivendell.

At the head of the procession was a young, blond Elf with stunning features, but seemed uninterested in everything.

I narrowed my eyes. What did they want? They obviously weren't here to fight, but they didn't look happy, but then again, the trademark of most Elves was to not show emotion.
I stood tall as the blond elf leader pulled his horse up beside me and dismounted.

He looked me up and down. I narrowed my eyes even more. What does he want? Why doesn't he just speak?
He did speak. Finally.

"I'm looking for the leader of these soldiers."
His voice was like the ringing of bells to my ears, but I ignored it.

"I am." I replied haughtily. I have other things to do, so get to the point.
He widened his eyes ever so slightly as a sign of surprise.

"And what is your name?" He spoke snobbishly.

"Why don't you tell me yours? You're in MY camp after all." I spat back.

I heard Nestadion and all the Elves with the snobbish blond elf gasp in astonishment. What was their problem?

The blond elf's mouth softened with amusement.
"You are right. I am Legolas, son of Thranduil, Prince of Mirkwood."

I cocked my head at the sound of the word 'prince'. THAT was why the elves were shocked when I disrespected him. But great. Haven't I had enough of royalty? Goodness.

"I'm Katherine." My name sounded so plain after his grand title.

"Well, Katherine, I am here to inform you that me and my men are to assist you and your force with your task of eliminating orcs in the area."