New Orders

I told Gandalf I needed time alone, that I wasn't used to the civilization of the Grey Havens. I grew up in the country and rolling hills of Rohan and I needed space now. So Gandalf said I could wander about by myself, but that I should check in with him every couple months.
Whatever.
For the next six months I wandered on Firefoot, my horse, fighting Orc packs I ran into, and mastering my riding and battle skills.

Firefoot was a horse I had raised from a foal at Edoras. He was born shortly before I had met Michael. I couldn't take him with me when I left because he was still too young, but Elrond had kindly retrieved him from Rohan ten months later because Firefoot was rightfully mine. Now he was a horse to be reckoned with. He had some of the finest blood in him that could be traced back to the greatest horses in Middle Earth history.

Now Firefoot was a 3 year old stallion who had a black coat but four white socks and a blaze down his nose. He was in perfect shape because I rode him all the time. Now we were an unstoppable team.

I changed a lot. I spoke even less, my muscles had hardened so it felt that I could do anything, and my eyes turned blue-green again only when I was headed back to see Gandalf and I sang the song so that he wouldn't see.
Otherwise, my eyes stayed red all the time.

"I want you to stay at Rivendell until I send for you." Gandalf said wearily.

"Why?" I only said words that were needed.
"Because the enemy has found the Ring and I must get it out of the Shire. Aragorn will be stationed at Bree and will meet up with me there. If we aren't back by October 21st, come looking for us. We will take the way by the watchtower of Amón Sûl, Weathertop." He replied, droning on and on.

Words, words, words. I didn't understand a thing he was saying except to go searching for him and Aragorn by the 21st. I didn't want to go back to Rivendell. Bad things had happened there.

"Alright." I said.

My silence seemed to unnerve Gandalf. I had said a total of two words. He had sensed that I had changed, but he let it go. He said goodbye and left for the Shire.

I began the long trek to Rivendell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys thanks for reading. The picture above is what I envision Firefoot to look like. I used his name from the LOTR books, but I made up his physical features.

Let me know what y'all think, Elsa8001.