Saruman

After that small event, the weather and elements, got worse.

The snow climbed so high that even the Men couldn't break through. Gandalf took the front, stabbing the snow with his staff and breaking up the snow to be moved. The hobbits had all but frozen and we had to carry them.

I carried Pippin, one of the smallest. Aragorn carried Frodo and Merry while Boromir carried Sam, who was a bit heavier than the rest.

The going was so slow, that we were moving only a few feet every ten minutes.
We were going nowhere and the weather had increased to a full-on blizzard.

Legolas was so fortunate to be light and have very thin boots (he wasn't cold) that he hopped on top of the crust of the snow and walked past Gandalf, whose head was at Legolas' knees.

Legolas walked a few feet ahead on the unmarked snow and stopped. He tilted his head, as if listening for something. Then he straightened and spoke, his voice carried back on the wind.
"There is a fell voice in the air!"
Which meant that he heard a voice speaking with the wind.

Boromir didn't believe it.
"There can't be. There's nobody around here, much less on a mountain."

I began to agree with him, but my sharp hearing picked up something. I tilted my head like Legolas, listening hard. I heard something amidst the howling wind. It was a deep, powerful voice that rang out, but harmonized with the wind.

"I hear it too!!" I yelled out. Legolas stared at me as if he was amazed that I could hear so well.
Gandalf had to shout to be heard.
"It's Saruman!!"

That moment, a bolt of lightning struck the top of the mountain, right above us. We looked up and saw an enormous load of snow falling towards us.

We immediately crushed against the mountain, trying not to be swept off the path and down into the abyss.
The snow hit us hard, and when it was done, we saw nothing but darkness.

We were completely covered in snow, with feet of snow above, smothering us.