Through Katherine's eyes

I walked down the hill steadily, not knowing if one of the men was watching. I saw a group of trees close by and went to it.

I leaned against a tree. I closed my eyes. I clenched my teeth. The tears were coming. I hadn't cried in two years and I wasn't going to now.
Yet one tiny tear slipped out of my tightly shut eyelids and streamed down my cheek. All of a sudden, the sobs were wracking my body as two years worth of tears were let out at once.

My feelings felt so messed up. My eyes had turned into something that I could never have imagined and the way Legolas made me feel with all of his slight concerns just made everything so confusing. I had lost allies in battle, and I had just let my feelings get the better of me.

I dried my eyes and for the first time since The Night, I opened my mouth and sang. I sang Michael's song, and as I did, I felt all the emotions wash away with my tears. Once I was done, I took a deep breath and let it out, calming myself. I saw a pool in the corner of my eye and walked over. I cautiously looked at my reflection.
My eyes looked the same as they had all my life. Blue-green.

I smiled, and walked back to camp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey again, this is back to Katherine's POV. Hope you like it, Elsa8001.