CHAPTER 25

The moon shone bright in the starry night sky, illuminating the way for the Ashwarohis, forefront of which Manvendra was riding on his horse.

Dhisana was sitting in front of him on the horse, locked between his long sturdy arms. For some reason she felt a sense of security, very similar to how she felt inside the temple of Mahadev.

She kept stealing glances of her newly wedded husband, her heart raced with excitement. She was over the moon to be married to an Arya and that too the prince of the Kuru lineage.

She felt happy, she felt that all her prayers had been answered, she felt safe. Safe. Something which she had never felt in the kingdom of Mlecchas. Ironically, there was always a feeling of insecurity when she was among her people and brother but she felt safe with her newly wedded husband and his Ashwarohis.

"Shambhu has granted my wish." Dhisana muttered to herself.

"What wish ?" Manvendra asked hearing her, at that she looked back at him, her eyes slightly widened. He spoke her language ?

"You speak our tongue ?" Dhisana asked.

"My father taught me a variety of languages. But it is not appropriate for the learned ones to speak in Mleccha tongue. Hence I communicated through Ashwasen." Manvendra told.

"You don't have to talk in my language. I know it's incompetence compared to yours. I can speak your language." Dhisana said with a small smile.

Manvendra just looked at her, not knowing what to say. He just nodded while she blushed under his gaze, feeling overwhelmed by the intensity of her feelings.

"My wish was to get a husband, like Shambhu." Dhisana said.

Words seemed to have foresaken Manvendra. For some reason he, the son of Vidur, couldn't speak. He remained quiet, not knowing the appropriate use of words.

"I had done 16 somvars also. I didn't know he would be so quick to grant my wish." She said with a giggle.

"So you're happy with this marriage ?" Manvendra asked.

"Don't I look happy ?" Dhisana asked with a silly smile.

Manvendra fell silent as he averted his gaze, looking straight at the path. How he tell just by looking at her ? Surely, it must be normal for others, but for him who has been devoid of emotions for long, he seems to have forgotten how they work exactly.

"I see this marriage as a blessing of Shiv-Shambhu. Surely it happened in odd circumstances. But miracles happen like that only, don't they ?" Dhisana said with a smile.

"How can you be sure that this is a blessing ?" Manvendra asked, his gaze fixed on the road.

"Because I know my prayers have been answered." Dhisana said.

"How do you know that ?" He asked.

"I can see the image of Shambhu in you. I don't know why, but I do." Dhisana said.

"Maybe because my biological father is Manyu." Manvendra said.

"What ? Manyu ? The first among Rudras ?" Dhisana asked raising her brows.

"I was born through Niyog. My mother obtained me through Manyudev." He told.

"Then this marriage indeed is a blessing ! Shambhu has given his ansh to me !" Dhisana said, she was extremely elated.

Manvendra looked back at her, confused at her happiness. Little did she know what kind of a cursed husband she had gotten. He once again fell silent.

Dhisana also became quiet, internally thanking Mahadev for granting all his wishes.

The night was slowly descending to it's glory. Sleep was weighing heavily in the eyes of Dhisana. She closed her eyes for a moment, and it was enough for sleep to take over her.

She fell over the chest of Manvendra, who on a reflex let go of the reins and held her, wrapping his arms around her body.

Manvendra looked down at her and suddenly felt something stir inside of him. His eyes slightly widened in confusion, as his lips parted a little and frown appeared on his face.

"Aryaputra, is everything alright ?" Ashwasen asked concerned.

"Huh ?" Manvendra looked at him.

"It's the first time, I am seeing an expression on your face." Ashwasen said.

"Everything is fine." Manvendra said, although himself unsure.

He looked down at Dhisana who was peacefully asleep in his arms, he began to feel a warmth and a tenderness that he had never felt before. Or if he had, then he had forgotten what it felt like.

For the past three years, Manvendra had been forced to live his entire life without feeling anything at all, unable to laugh or cry, love or hate, happy or sad. But now he could feel a strange sensation spreading throughout his body.

He became confused and surprisingly a little frightened by this new feeling. He had been so accustomed to feeling nothing, that now he didn't know how to control it or understand it.

'Its nothing.' Manvendra told himself.

When for three years he had only watched the bloodshed and chaos unfold around him, he felt only a numbness that seemed to permeate his entire being. Soldiers had fought and died by his side, but Manvendra felt nothing. No fear, no sadness, no joy, no anger. Just an emptiness that threatened to swallow him whole.

In countless battles he fought and won, Manvendra remained a stoic figure amidst the chaos, watching as men killed and died all around him. But despite his efforts, the curse remained unbroken and he remained a prisoner of his own mind, unable to feel the full range of emotions that made humans so complex and fascinating.

Now if something as terrible as war couldn't stir anything in him, then how can a mere girl ? It's impossible or so he thought.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Well well well... #DhiVendra it is