CHAPTER 29

Manvendra entered his tent and laid down on his bed. It had been a long tiresome day for him. But is he going to get peace while asleep ? Unlikely. Just like always he'd wake up after being haunted by that nightmare.

A frustrated sigh escaped his lips, as he closed his eyes. Although he wouldn't admit Manvendra was exhausted, after travelling so much and battling. Not to mention the sudden marriage and the strange sensations it gave him.

Manvendra held his head, it was aching badly. There was also sleepiness in his eyes, but he had no desire to watch that nightmare again. It seemed as if he had been caught in such a web where there would be no peace.

Suddenly the sound of jingling anklets fell over his ears, hearing which he looked at the entrance of the tent and saw Dhisana coming in. She was clad in a thin garment, and wore few ornaments.

A smile adorned her face as she came and laid down beside her husband. Manvendra turned closed his eyes, he didn't want to deal with the weird sensations again.

But it seemed that luck was not on his side, as Dhisana just scooted closer to him and rested her head over his chest. And again it caused Manvendra to feel burning sensations inside.

"We haven't really talked." Dhisana said or more like pointed out.

She looked up at him and saw his eyes were shut and his other arm was holding unto his head.

"Is your head aching ?" She asked in slight worry.

Manvendra just hummed in response. Dhisana didn't take another moment, before she began massaging his head with one hand, this made Manvendra look at her.

"You don't have to." He said pushing her hand away.

"If I won't then who ?" She said.

"There is no need." Manvendra said before turning his head away. He wanted to turn his entire body away but she laid on one side, her head on his arm.

He knew it would be rude to tell her to get off, but little did he knew Dhisana was already displeased enough when he told her not to massage his head. But she hid it, so she can get a chance to talk to him.

"Fine. But can we atleast talk ?" She asked.

"What do you want to talk about ?" Manvendra asked.

"I wish to get to know you better." Dhisana said, "But firstly, what should I address you as ?" She asked.

"By name, ofcourse." He said bluntly, shaking her enthusiasm.

"But which name ? Ashwasen addresses you as 'Aryaputra', the soldiers call you 'Yudh-jeevi'." Dhisana said.

"Manvendra, Manyusut, Vidurputra, Sulabha-nandan, Kuru-kumar, Raudra.... Call me by whatever name." He said.

"Raudra it is then. It will remind me of my aradhya Shambhu who is Rudra." Dhisana said with a smile.

"If it pleases you then so be it." Manvendra said.

His monotonous tone, which made him sound uninterested was really curbing the enthusiasm of Dhisana down but she chose to persist.

"How long have you been doing the duty of Kingdom security ?" She asked.

"Three years." He said, closing his eyes.

"You wouldn't have expected how tiresome it would've been." Dhisana said.

"I knew exactly what I was getting into." Manvendra said.

"Then why did you take it up ?" She asked confused.

"I had my reasons." He said sleepily.

"What reasons ?" Dhisana asked out of curiosity.

"Good ones...." He said as slumber took over him.

Dhisana frowned as she looked at him. Did he just fall asleep like so ? She wanted to talk so much with him. A sigh of disappointment left her lips as she turned to the other side, leaving the warmth of his arms.

'Maybe he's too tired after the battle.' She consoled herself as she closed her eyes.

-----

The eyes of Manvendra opened slightly, it was the middle of the night and he had woken up again. He was awake perhaps due the habit of waking up at this hour of the night because tonight was not due to the nightmare, in fact he had a dreamless slumber.

A frown appeared on his face, as he sat up. How come did he not see the nightmare again ? He wondered. Manvendra stood up and left the tent, for his mind was intensely restless.

Sometime went by, Dhisana turned in her sleep, and sensing herself alone in the bed, she woke up. Her squirted eyes gazed in the tent, her husband was nowhere.

She sat up and got down from the bed, and went outside worriedly. It was still night, where did he go at this hour ? She wondered.

"Is there something you need, princess ?" The soldiers who were awake and on guard asked.

"Where did Raudra go ?" She asked.

"Yudh-jeevi went towards that direction." One of them said pointing at the forest area.

"But why ?" She asked.

"Don't worry, he will come back. Yudh-jeevi often goes to the forest when he wishes to be alone." Another soldier said.

"Oh." Dhisana muttered, a wave of anxiety brushed over her as all the possible reasons he would've left her like so in the middle of the night.

"What is happening ?" The voice of Manvendra fell on her ears.

The soldiers bowed while Dhisana looked at him as he came towards them.

"Why did you leave like so ?" She asked.

"I..." Manvendra didn't know what to say, as he too didn't know the exact reason, "I was feeling uneasy. So I went for a walk." He said.

"Was it because of my food ?" Dhisana asked.

"Certainly not." Manvendra said, not knowing the impact his words were having on her mind.

'Then maybe because me ?' She thought while nodding at him.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Tsk tsk tsk 🙃🙃🙃