CHAPTER 40

Underneath the sky which was covered in clouds, Dhisana was sitting in the garden of Pramankoti, her face was bereft of any sense of joy or happiness.

Although the Pramankoti was full of every object of desire, none of them seemed to be an interest for Dhisana, who only wished for her husband to return back.

Suddenly her eyes got fixed on the pair of peacock and peahen, moving around at a distance. The peacock shook its magnificent feathers, displaying a riot of bright colours as the peahen gracefully followed his lead.

As the peacock strutted around, the princess of Mlecchas couldn't help but be mesmerized by his colorful plumage. Their feathers were so elegant and beautiful, reflecting the sunlight in a dazzling display of colors.

The peahen, on the other hand, was not as ornately decorated as the peacock, but she had her own unique charm. She was calm, graceful, and seemed content in the company of her mate.

As Dhisana watched them, her thoughts again were consumed with Manvendra, who too had many colours to him which she was yet to discover. She yearned to feel his presence by her side and to bask in the warmth of his love. She longed to enjoy the same kind of happiness that the birds were experiencing.

A sad sigh left her lips as she covered her face in her hands. Suddenly a loud thunderous sound from the clouds scared her by catching her off guard. Keeping a hand over her heart, she calmed herself.

But the tears that she was holding back, escaped her eyes. She quickly wiped her them away, and again looked at the peacock and peahen to divert her attention.

They were playing, dancing, and singing together in a romantic affair. And after some time they both nestled into each other. This sight fuelled the sense of longing in Dhisana.

Overwhelmed by her emotions, a silent sob escaped her lips. The tears again welled up in her eyes as she sat there watching the peacock and the peahen.

-----

Manvendra was walking through the corridors, but when he was about to walk out to the garden, a bad odour was smelled by him, which made him stop in his tracks.

'Who is boiling oil here ?' He wondered.

His eyes then fell on the shadows on the ground ahead, it belonged to two men who were standing on above floor. Manvendra instantly came to know it was his Kaurav cousins, and what they intended to do.

He looked around and saw a statue of a soldier, kept their for decoration. Manvendra got hold of it and pushed it outside to trick his cousins. And the very next moment the hot oil was poured over the statue.

"Yes !" Durdharsh laughed from above.

"It was a child's play !" Durmukh said smiling widely.

"Now no one stands in the way to Taat Duryodhan's throne. Mamashree was worried for no reason, so easy it was to kill Manvendra." Durdharsh said.

"That Vidurputra who used to strut around with so much pride.... I always wanted to thrash him !" Durmukh said.

"Is that so ?" A voice from behind asked.

Recognising it the eyes of Durdharsh and Durmukh widened in shock. Both of them, turned around slowly only to get startled seeing Manvendra standing tall with folded arms, looking at them with a raised brow.

Now all those boasting and courage that was in Durdharsd and Durmukh a moment ago, vanished instantly seeing the son of Vidur, completely unharmed. Both of them looked back and gazed down and saw that oil was actually poured over a statue. Both of them gulped as they looked back at Manvendra.

"M-Manvendra..... I-I mean taat..." Durdharsh stuttered as he took a step back.

"A-Accept the greetings of Durmukh, Taat." Said the younger Kaurav, joining his shivering hands.

"Get your 'Durmukh' out of my sight." Manvendra told.

Durdharsh and Durmukh ran away without wasting a moment, not daring to look back. Both of them rushed straight to Duryodhan.

"Did you do it ?" Duryodhan asked excitedly.

But seeing the expressions of his brothers, he came to know that they both must've failed.

"We couldn't." Durdharsh said.

"See ? I told you they'd fail." Shakuni commented, laying back on the couch.

They are children. Looks like we ourselves have to do something." Dushashan said.

"Exactly." Duryodhan said as he began thinking of a way to get rid of Manvendra.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Dury Bhai, Vidur ke karan Pandavas ko na maar paaye toh kya Vidur ke bete ko maar paaoge ? Sochne ki baat hai~