CHAPTER 34

It was a pleasant afternoon as the sun had hidden behind the clouds, soothing winds laced with the smell of wet mud blowing gently.

Manvendra was riding his horse, Dhisana was sitting ahead of him, her eyes were looking around the beautiful Gajasaharya. She had never seen a city so aesthetically pleasing.

A lips parted into the smile, as she gazed at the buildings that could be seen at a distance and also at the bountiful nature, that surrounded her, smell of fresh flowers enchanted her.

Manvendra looked down at her, his eyes following every minute movement of her. He could see how happy she was, how excited she was to see the civilised city of Aryas.

"Raudra ?" Dhisana looked back at him, "Should we put are tents here ? It's quite beautiful." She suggested.

Manvendra raised a brow, he was quite amused by her innocence.

"We don't need to put our tents here." He said.

"Then where shall we live ?" She asked confused.

"There." He said pointing at a grand palace structure, seeing which the jaw of Dhisana dropped.

Seeing such expression of her, Manvendra felt ticklish inside. He found it rather funny, but this feeling wasn't reciprocated on his face in the form of an expression.

Meanwhile Dhisana was busy gawking at the grand palace structure as they got closer and closer to it. The vibrancy of its architecture filled her with a sense of excitement and adventure

"Which palace is that ?" She asked, not taking her eyes off of it.

"Pramankoti." Manvendra said, "Think of it as the playground of Kurus as it was constructed for the pleasure of us princes when we were little." He told.

At that Dhisana looked back at him, such grand architecture was constructed just for the princes to play in ? She could never imagine something like that for herself in the her Mleccha kingdom.

"A palace like that constructed just for your pleasure ?" She asked, wanting to know whether she heard him right.

"Yes. We princes were very found of water sports, hence this palace was constructed by the side of river." Manvendra said.

"It must've been fun." Dhisana said.

"It was." Manvendra said, the sweet memories of childhood flooded his mind. It was refreshing to remember how he and all his cousins would play the entire day, how he and his Pandav cousins would eat together and have an afternoon nap, and how sometimes they would have silly brawls against the Kauravas and thrash them.

Although the enmity with Kauravas existed even then, but still the childhood was simple times, something to cherish forever.

Soon they reached the entrance of the Pramankoti. Manvendra got down from her horse and so did Dhisana. The Ashwarohis who lived in Gajasaharya, bid their goodbyes to their Yudh-jeevi and his wife and left for their homes. Now out of thousand only few hundreds were left, whose home was in Nagasaharya.

"Raudra can we go inside now ?" Dhisana asked excitedly as she tugged unto his arm.

"Sure." Manvendra said and the very next moment she pulled him inside.

Although it was a new place and it should've been him leading her around but ironically it was her pulling him along.

Dhisana was in so much awe, the palace was even more beautiful from inside. It has lush green gardens, glittering fountains, big trees which offer soothing sheds and what not. Everywhere she looked, there was something new and fascinating to discover.

Meanwhile for Manvendra, the Pramankoti gave him immense nostalgia. It had been years since he last came to Pramankoti, he usually would just inspect the city and leave. The last time he came here was the day where the princes met Dronacharya, which changed their lives and turned them all into great warriors.

Things had changed so drastically in Manvendra's life, that the nostalgia he was feeling seemed to be memories of past life.

"Greetings to Rajkumar Manvendra and his wife Rajkumari Dhisana." The head servant there greeted humbly, "It has been a long time since you came here." He said.

"Indeed it has been." Manvendra said.

"As you had sent a message for us, we have made all the arrangements for the princess to stay here with her hand maiden. They shall face not even the slightest inconvenience." He said.

At the implication of her living here with Bela, a frown appeared on the face of Dhisana, as she looked at Manvendra who nodded at the head servant in affirmation.

"We shall retire to our room." Manvendra said.

"As you wish. Do let us know if you need anything, we are at your service." The head servant said with a bow.

Manvendra walked ahead and Dhisana followed her behind, her eyes fell the sheer grandeur and beauty of the architecture that lay before her. The walls, adorned with intricate designs and shining with gold and silver. She gazed around, taking in the high ceilings, elaborate archways, and the sparkling chandeliers hanging from above.

It was a moment of awe and wonderment for her, but she couldn't enjoy it fully as she was confused at the implication made by the head servant.

"Raudra ?" Dhisana called.

"Yes ?" He asked.

"Are you not taking me to the capital ?" She asked.

At that Manvendra stopped in his tracks and turned back to look at her. Her face had already saddened, a hint of worry could also be seen in her eyes.

"The political situation of Nagasaharya at the moment is such that it's not safe for your there. Hence I am not taking you there." Manvendra said.

"I believe, next to you I shall be fine." Dhisana said.

"It's for your own sake, Dhisana. Trust me." Manvendra said.

"If you have already made up your mind then fine." She said sadly looking down.

"Now come." He said leading the way.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Waise sundar kitna bhi ho.... Hai toh Gajasaharya hi.... Like from the conspiracies to kill Bheem to the Dyut sabha... Sab kaand yahi hota.....

Sasura jagah ich shraapit hai-

Anyway to lighten the mood, here are AI art of Manvendra and Dhisana -