11. Plans

I don't even know how long we've been on the run for. It was pitch black outside and our car was the only car on the freeway. It wasn't surprising considering it was 2:37 AM. Harry continued driving. His eyes were on the road and his fingers would occasionally tap the steering wheel to an unknown tune. Bridget and Niall were sound asleep. Soft snores escaped from Niall's mouth and he would occasionally stir in his sleep. I tried to sleep but I couldn't. There was too much going on.

I took a look outside. We were literally in the middle of nowhere. I didn't need light to see that. There were no buildings in sight and freeway exits would pop up every few miles. We were surrounded by tall, dark trees.

"We should pull over and find a hotel to stay in for the night," I said softly, afraid to wake Bridget and Niall up. Harry jumped in his seat and cursed under his breath. He made eye contact with me in the rear view mirror and I could see that he was tired. His eyes were red from lack of sleep.

"I thought everyone was asleep," he whispered.

"Sorry for scaring you," I quickly apologized. "Are there any hotels coming up?" Harry scanned the freeway for any signs.

"Nope."

"Do you want me to drive?"

"I'm fine."

"You don't look fine."

"I said I'm fine," Harry snapped at me. I let it drop. He was obviously in a bad mood because of the lack of sleep. After ten minutes of silence, I spotted a sign that advertised a gas station and motel coming up in five miles.

"Did you-" I started.

"Yeah," Harry said, cutting me off. I didn't like this side of Harry. I hope he gets his beauty rest soon because I'm minutes away from strangling him. The exit eventually came and Harry took the exit. It wasn't too hard to find the motel because there weren't that many buildings in the area. Before heading to the motel, Harry made a detour towards the gas station and got out of the car to fill the gas. The blinding gas station lights surprisingly woke Niall up.

"Where are we?" he yawned, stretching out his arms and legs.

"Your guess is as good as mine," I replied.

"What time is it?" Niall asked. He got up to look at the clock. "Holy sh*t. Have we really been driving that long?" I nodded. Niall carefully examined the surroundings. "I don't even know where we are." Harry finished pumping the gas and walked into the mini mart. He later emerged with several bags of food and toiletries in his hands. Once he got in the car, he tossed the bags at us. Niall gave me a look that said What's his deal? I simply shrugged my shoulders. Five minutes later, we were in the lobby of the motel.

The couches in the lobby were a burgundy color and the walls were beige. There were cracks in the ceiling and the tiled floors looked dirty. This motel didn't give off a good first impression. I'd rather sleep in the car to be honest.

A single person sat behind the counter. He was lazily flipping through a gossip magazine. He looked up when he saw us approaching.

"Hello, how may I help you?" he asked. He sounded bored and not into his job. I think I'd be the same if I worked here.

"Can we book a room for four for the night?" Bridget asked cheerily. The man turned to look at his computer monitor.

"It looks like we only have one room available for the night and that room is for two people max." I looked at the man incredulously. How on earth is this motel booked?

"We'll take the room," Bridget said a little too excitedly.

"Great. That would be $45." Bridget paid for the room. Once we got the key, we unlocked the door to find more burgundy and beige. The room was very simple. There was a small bathroom inside, a single bed for two, a TV, a microwave, and a mini fridge.