35. No Going Back

Someone was poking my cheek. Keeping my eyes shut, I turned away from the poking not wanting to wake up. I still felt the poking to my dismay, but this time, it was my back being poked.

"Wake up Sleeping Beauty." I froze. What's Harry doing here? I slowly peeled away my blanket and turned to face him sheepishly. I probably look horrible. I was so tired I slept with my makeup on last night.

"Go away," I groaned.

Harry pouted. "But it's almost twelve."

"So?"

"It felt weird not having you around last night. I miss you." My heart started to flutter. He missed me. He missed me! His eyes took in my messy, dusty room. I then followed his eyes to my desk. The journal was still propped open to my latest entry and I suddenly felt embarrassed. Did he read my journal?

I got up to open the curtains. Light flooded the room and I stared at the street below me. "Did my uncle let you in?" I asked. I casually walked towards my desk, closed my journal, and put it in the drawer. Harry followed my every movement.

"Yup."

"Why didn't he wake me?!" I exclaimed in horror. I'd appreciate a heads-up that my boyfriend is coming over! Harry laughed, obviously amused at my state of panic.

"Did you not want me to see you in your cute bunny pajamas?" he asked, smirking. "There's no need to be embarrassed. You're beautiful to me." I looked down and indeed I was wearing them. My cheeks turned red. I turned to look out the window again to try to calm down. He just called me beautiful! One more word from him and my heart will surely explode from love and embarrassment.

"How are the others doing?" I asked, trying to keep my voice calm.

"Good. Liam already made his decision." I turned around so fast I could've broke my neck.

"What?!"

"He took the pill. Said something about wanting to start over and how his power wasn't much help to him anyway. He said it felt great to do that. He can still control water but it's getting more difficult as the hours pass."

"What about Bridget and Niall?"

"Niall forgot his pill in his coat which went in the wash but he doesn't care. He said he wouldn't have taken it anyway. Bridget chose to not take the pill but kept hers just in case she changed her mind."

"And what about you?"

"I'm happy with the way things are so why do anything about it?" I couldn't help but smile. We both felt the same way. "Now it's my turn to ask: what about you?"

"I reached the same conclusion you did and felt like I reached enlightenment so I flushed the pill down the toilet." Harry raised his eyebrow.

"Are you still loopy from the drugs?" he teased.

"No! It's just--having the ability to control fire made me who I am today. I wouldn't have met you or the others if it wasn't for it. Although I lost my family and aunt, giving it up won't do me any good so why bother?"

Harry smiled at me. "Well I'm happy that you're happy."

.

.

"I've got great news!" My uncle burst into the kitchen with a big smile on his face. "Guess what it is."

Harry and I shrugged our shoulders. "I don't know. Tell us," I said.

"You're no fun," my uncle frowned. "Guess!"

"You found a cream that will make your hair grow back?" I guessed. Harry tried to suppress his laughter. It wasn't helping that he drank milk a moment before.