25. A Turn for the Worse

Harry's eyebrows were furrowed in concentration as he took in our words. He was deep in thought and looked slightly angry. Under different circumstances, I would find him intimidating but I had to admit he looked adorable when deep in thought. I think it's his pouty lips that make him less intimidating.

Niall and I had just finished telling everyone what had happened. I knew they were angry at us for snooping around but I hoped that what we found in his office was intriguing for them as it was for us. Reflecting back on the situation, I wondered how things would have turned out if we didn't snoop around. Would we be camping out at his house waiting for Zayn and his crew to come? I had to admit I was glad we weren't stuck at his house waiting for Zayn to come.

"Who the hell is Bob?" Bridget asked, confused. "Is there someone else we should know about?" I knew it was no laughing matter but I had to laugh. Everyone stared at me like I was crazy.

"Sorry--Bob is Dr. Rosario," Niall said apologetically. "Dr. Rosario prefers to be called Bob so I got used to saying Bob. Violet on the other hand prefers calling him by his real name."

"But where did Bob come from? That's not even his first name. Is it his middle name?" Bridget continued.

"Why are we talking about this?" Harry asked. "Shouldn't we be discussing what to do? We lost his trust so how should we go about getting it back and how will we protect him in the meanwhile?"

"We can watch him from afar," Liam suggested.

"I don't think his neighbors will like that. They'll probably call the police thinking we're burglars," Harry replied.

"How about someone else other than Violet and I go talk to him? He doesn't know who you guys are. I mean, he does know who you guys are but he hasn't met you guys yet," Niall brought up.

"But wouldn't he be suspicious? We'd be telling him the same thing you guys told him and he'll immediately know we're working together," Bridget said, shooting down Niall's idea. I sighed. How did we end up in this situation? "I think we should take a break from thinking and get some rest. Hopefully we'll come up with something tomorrow," Bridget continued.

We all parted ways. Niall and Liam went to the living room to watch TV while Bridget went upstairs to her room. Harry and I stayed put not knowing what to do.

"I'm sorry," I whispered to Harry, laying my head on his shoulder. "I really am. If I could turn back the time, I'd do things differently."

"It's not your fault," he answered. "We'll figure something out. Let's go upstairs."

We laid on the bed, silent. I was surprisingly sleepy even though it was only 8 PM. The silence allowed my mind to clear and I started to think about the things Niall and I discovered in Dr. Rosario's office.

"You went to Harvard?" I asked, curious. Harry quickly turned to face me, surprise on his face.

"I don't remember telling you that," he answered.

"You didn't. It was something I saw when going through your folder."

"Oh. But yes, I did. Why?"

"Oh, no reason, Mr. Smartypants."

"Hey," he said playfully. "I think being a good swimmer helped me get in. What else did you see in my folder?" I turned to face the other way, embarrassed at myself for snooping. A few seconds later, I felt his hand gently pull my face towards him. Our faces were close, our lips barely touching. I stared into his forest green eyes, unable to breathe. My heart was pounding and I feared that he could hear it. 

"Do I make you nervous?" he asked. I shook my head. "Interesting. Your heart is pounding like crazy and your breathing is uneven." I could see the corner of his mouth pull up into a smirk. I pushed his face away and covered my face with the blanket. I could hear him laughing. "I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. I find your embarrassment adorable." Harry tugged at the blanket but I held onto it tight. "I said I was sorry! Okay, I'm going to sleep. Good night. I love you."