14. Poisonous days

Secrets

Secrets. We all have them. We keep them locked in boxes, away from the eyes of predators who might want to make us their next prey. But when a predator is smart, no matter where you hide, you'll be found.

Shivansh was a predator. He knew something was wrong and he kept up with it, until he couldn't anymore. So he left his gun in my hands. He had called me, distressed as he sounded, he was still sure of his words.

My father wants my wife dead. If
something happens to me, keep my family away from him and most definitely from my mother. I am not sure of her but my father is definitely behind all this. I can't explain, but keep my wife, child, brother and sister away from my parents. I am relying on you Vivaan.

He seemed sure he wouldn't come out alright, and he didn't. It has taken us hours to reach Delhi but thank fuck we finally did. My wife sits beside Amaira, trying to give the poor broken girl some hope, now that they know Shivansh is in a coma. Veera herself looks so broken, so hurt. She loves her brother, ofcourse she is sad.

I stare up front at the man, my brother in law said was behind all this. He seems miserable. His eldest son is in a coma. Well, kudos to him, he is the one who did it. My mother in law is not here, maybe her manicured nails and pearls aren't befitting for the hospital.

What kind of a mother doesn't show up when her own son has been in such a brutal accident? That poise woman apparently. Shivansh might've simply had an inkling but I am sure that she has something up her fucking sleeve.

Vidyut stands in the corner, drowned in worry and sorrow and my very own brother pats his shoulder before trailing his hand down to clutch Vidyut's. Hmm. Fantastic. "Lakshay, can I talk to you?" He nods at me and walks to the other side of the wing.

"Stop trying to get into Vidyut's pants and help me." He looks appalled before rolling his eyes. "It's called giving moral support. You would know if you were doing that for your own wife."

I roll my eyes right back at him. "She is giving somebody else moral support at the moment, I can't go and form a human chain of people giving each other sympathies."

"Fine. What do you need help with?" There he is.

"Before the accident Shivansh called me. His father is behind all this. Call your hacker friend and get any ounce of proof you can that shows he was the culprit. And don't tell anyone anything until I tell you to. Also since you are so close to Vidyut, keep him away from his mother. She is evil too apparently." He blinks a couple times at me like a dumbass. He is too slow.

"That is alot of information to dump on someone in mere seconds."

"You are useless. Go and do what I told you to do. It's important." He pulls his phone out to call the hacker. Well now that it is out of the way for now-

"We will take Shivansh home. If he stays there, he might recover better." No one has a say in the decision this asshole of a father just took and so they simply nod. The doctor starts the process and within a day, Shivansh is brought home.